Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,772   Online: 905

Shooter
    35mm

What to do with a Beseler CB7?

I am wondering what I should do with my excellent condition Beseler CB7. I brought it all the way from Illinois when I moved to Texas last year but my new home is small and no room for a darkroom and the enlarger is occupying my much needed space. The enlarger is old. It's the blue and white version with the Dichro DG head and in excellent condition.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I am wondering what I should do with my excellent condition Beseler CB7. I brought it all the way from Illinois when I moved to Texas last year but my new home is small and no room for a darkroom and the enlarger is occupying my much needed space. The enlarger is old. It's the blue and white version with the Dichro DG head and in excellent condition.
    Sell it on eBay, Craigslist or Freecycle.

Or maybe find an art school that wants an enlarger.

Spread the love of film!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Try this -

http://www.bluegrassharvest.com/DurstZilla/index.htm

It was alot of fun for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is someone looking for a color enlarger: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum41/1...-enlarger.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes I am thinking of giving it away too. I don't think schools want enlarger nowaday. The CB7 is quite big and heavy so shipping is costly. I have made a number of modifications and they may confuse the new users.
    1. I put a little hole in the mixing chamber and run a fiber optic cable to a Sargent Welch/Minolta color translator to display the filtration settings. It works well for yellow and magenta channels.
    2. I made a low voltage cable to interface with the Gralab 900 timer so that I could start and stop the timer via the button on the enlarger. It's low voltage as I have a solid state relay inside the enlarger to turn on/off the lamp.

I do have a good number of neg holder including 35, 6x6, 4x5 as well as a 35mm negatran. I think I would keep the enlarging lenses for use with my bellow.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin