Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,360   Online: 1194

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How to align a Durst M805

Last week, a friend of mine lended me a Versalab Parallel alignement tool. So, I have checked that my Durst M805 has problems. In fact, the lens, the negative carrier and the baseboard are not parallel each other. As there are no screws to move each one independly, I would apreciate your comments about How I could solve this issue.
    Thanks,
    Henry.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Henry, I own Durst's M800 and M605 and in order to align them with versa lab I just had to shim front of the enlargers column. After that both negative and lens stages were parallel to the base. For shimming i used cut thin from Coke can or something similar (shaving blades,??). You will see it if your laser dot is up or down from centre. For left and right adjustments, you simply rotate head.
    You can also adjust lens stage in similar manner. For shimming I used just blank pieces of film because there is no extensive weight.
    It's also good thing to check Versa lab unit before procedure. With unit on, shoot to the the mirror (or glass) positioned on negative stage and rotate VL unit 360 degrees in 90 degrees steps. Laser dot should not move up or down or on the sides. My unit was out of alignment and I had to send it to VL for service. An expensive operation!
    Fell free to ask me more, any time!
    Good luck
    Goran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Goran:
    I have made exactly what you told me, and now everything seems to be aligned.
    At the beginning, I took the wrong way. Let me explain it. My baseboard is a kitchen worktop put on three brackets on the wall, without any table legs. So, I started shimming this table. It was a bad idea, mainly because, after I shimmed the table, it was not completely horizontal and the easel did not settle appropriately on the table.
    Then I read your comment, so I came back to the original situation, with the table perfectly levelled. Then, I followed your suggestions and finally I got what I was looking for.
    I want to thank you for your post. It was the only one, but it was the one I needed. This kind of things is a prove of the Apug fortress.
    Thanks again,
    Henry.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin