Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,708   Online: 1054

Images

Rosco Gels and heat

My "darkroom" is set up in the corner of a room with a woodburning stove. Currently if I want to print while the stove is going, I just damp the fire way down and then block any light with a piece of black mountboard a few feet in front of the stove.

Now, I'm thinking that those Rosco gel filters that they use for stage lighting must be able to take tremendous heat since they're mounted just inches in front of big, hot, powerful spotlights. I wonder if I could rig a red one in front of the window of the stove and have a cheerful, flickering "safe" fire in the winter months. Along with some good music and a glass of brandy, that would make printing sessions even more of a pleasure.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    You would have the most romantic darkroom in the world. But you would have to get a heart shaped sink for two.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow - my kind of darkroom. And it would be a change to have friends say "you smell of wood smoke - have you been in the darkroom?"

best, John
    p.s. Just remember to sip the brandy whilst behind the screen.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Candle the glass

If you soot the sight glass with a candle it will be black, no light problems ever again.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin