Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,410   Online: 961

Shooter
    35mm

Is this a good set up for me for B&W printing?

I found a Beseler 23C (I think a Series 2) with a universal with baseboard and:

a Astranar(sp?) 75mm lens

35mm film holder

Easel 8X10 on one side, multiple sizes on the other

Vivitar two reel plastic 35mm developing tank

A few trays, a couple of funnels and a thermometer.

I want to B&W developing. I am assuming if I want to use Ilford paper and filters I can just hold the filter under the lens with my hand.

He wants 100, but is willing to do $50, is this a decent and usable deal for me.

I realize I still need a timer, focuser, etc, but is this usable and a good deal for what I want.

Thanks!

Is is so good to be doing film again, I have missed it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you've got the room for the Bessy 23C that's a great deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GO FOR IT!

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For $50 , yes, but find a better lens.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For $100 it's a good deal, for $50 it's a steal! That enlarger should have a filter holder under the lens, and it also has a slot just below the light source (behind the 23 II plate) for the larger 6x6 filters etc. So you shouldn't need to hold the filters. It's a really nice, well built enlarger. I would check to make sure the bellows are still attached to the metal frame. When I got mine it looked mint. Then I extended the bellows and it wasn't attached on the bottom anymore. It was an easy fix. Beseler still sells parts for them if needed.
    That easel alone goes for around $40 new!
    Good luck and enjoy it
    It has to be true. I read it on the internet, and you can't lie on the internet!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    50 is reasonable 100 not so much, given the current market situation for darkroom stuff. Value-wise, it's a good deal either way.
    An under-lens multigrade filter kit comes with a holder, or you can use the larger gel filters in the filter box.
    As stated, you will probably want a better lens, and a 50 mm would be a little better for 35 anyway. But this will get your feet wet, and gets you most of what you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $100 is good. $50 is much better. Upgrade the lens when you can afford it and have learned a bit more.

Enjoy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Run, don't walk to the bank to get that set-up for that price!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The last enlarger that I bought was a Beseler 45 MXII that I bought off of eBay from the Washington State surplus disposal department. I was the only bidder and I paid $17 for it but I had to take a day off of work (unpaid) to pick it up. The enlarger was complete and had the Color head as well as a Saunders digital enlarging timer included. Great deals are out there. If you can use this enlarger then $50 should be fine.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    35mm
    I ended up getting it for $30, but I spent $20 on getting a piece of heat absorbing glass.

Thanks for the input everyone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin