Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,690   Online: 1142

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everyone for all the great advice! my original plan was to enclose the enlarger area with two walls and a door but now i have decided that it would be easier to just make the windows and the door in the room light tight. I will have more room to move around in..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its not much but i finally finished it.. I use heavy duty contractor bags to seal off the windows and they are light tight now. I decided to frame two walls and put a door in instead of some temporary hanging light tight material. I have no running water in there but i will get use to that. This took a big chunk of my bedroom but it was worth it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0206.jpg   IMG_0208.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Remember that light travels in straight line. So if it doesn't have an opportunity to 'reflect' off glossy or semi glossy surfaces, a 'light trap' works very effectively to keep light from entering a space.

So I would shield the glass area to mask out most of the light during the day, but also use a secondary shield over the window opening on the inside wall as a 'trap' to catch any light that would sneak in past the mask. over the glass.
    Same principle (two layers, one inside the room and one outside the room, separated by the space of the door frame) would allow me to enter and exit the room yet sufficiently block the light to use my enlarger for color printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another option would be to replace those blinds you currently have with ones that are light tight:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My son did someting similar when he was in a college dorm room only he used his large alcove closet as his darkspace. Using foam boards (construction pink type sold at Home Depot) as blackout curtains ducktaped to the window jambs and a towel at the door sill did the trick.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin