Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,428   Online: 808

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Enlarger in bedroom help needed

Hello everyone! Im setting up an enlarger in the only space i have and that happens to be my bedroom. I will build a table that will had 3 12x16 trays on the right side in front of the window but will need to enclose the area and make it light tight. Of course i will be sealing the 2 windows of light and want to hopefully enclose the area with a light tight cloth of some kind that can attach with Velcro or zippers. Has anyone experienced a situation like this before?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Jim !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Ron! I feel welcomed already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Jim, and welcome to APUG.

Your very bright looking bedroom looks like a bit of a challenge, but it can be done.

You may find some assistance in this thread as well: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...darkrooms.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Nova darkroom tent may be a simple solution. You can google it for more info.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought this thread was about something else. I keep getting spam about this same thing and they're trying to sell me some kinda pills
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use jet black felt. Works great and is cheap at discount fabric stores.

Don

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You can set up a "grow tent" made for hydroponics. These are supposed to be light-tight, although the inside is usually white or reflective.

Shooter
    35mm
    My first darkroom was in my bedroom. I got some thick black plastic sheets, cut them to the size of my windows and attached them with velcro. Worked perfectly most of the time. In high summer I found the heat from the sun could melt the glue on the velcro and the blackout would fall down. I used to fold up the plastic sheets when not in use and after a few years they developed pinholes at the folds. I also once left some chemistry in an open tray and went to bed - I had a rotten headache the next day.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin