Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,273   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Good luck! Hope you have a vibration free head. I was concerned years ago. I did a test with high magnification enlargement and a grain focuser. It seems that the grains didn't jiggle nor wobble. My enlarger head is good enough for government work The instructions are excellent and I might muster up enough courage to take change out the fan. The Dichro 45S is a good head that served me well for decades. I had to change out the optio isolator because there was a slight delay after pushing my timer button.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Here's a mod for that same 45S head that uses a remote venting fan to dampen vibration:

http://www.philipmorgan.net/external-enlarger-cooling/

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    It has a little vibration that I can feel when it runs.
    Can you see it in your prints?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Can you see it in your prints?
    Hey David
    My eyes are not what they used to be but I can't see any softness or anything wrong in the print. I just happen to feel the neg. carrier and it has a vibration. It won't get any better, so I figured it was time to repair before it gets any worse. From what I gathered when I bought it used, it was used in a university darkroom and I am sure it has seen a lot of useage.
    I am not very critical of what I print but I want to feel I am making the best image of what I am printing.
    I have downsized to strictly 35mm now and when I blow up those small negatives, I want it to be sharp and clear.
    While I rework the head, I have a 23cll that I am going to use. It has also started to show a pause in the lamp start circuit and I am now looking at the opto isolaters to replace. Haven't had much luck in finding the components yet since I can't find a schematic but the part number is still showing and maybe I can find a substitute for them.

It seems like the older I get the more " fix and repair " things happen. I am retired so I have plenty of time to play.

Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin