Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,775   Online: 840

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Omega C760 screws

I have an Omega C760 enlarger I bought a few years ago at a school sale. It's missing the thumb screws that secure the color head onto the frame. I've tried every screw I have around the house and none seem to fit. I would like to replace the screws so I can adjust the gap between the head and the negative carrier. Anyone have know the size/pitch of the screws?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Using different brackets the C760 lamphouse can fit several Omega enlargers. Most have no other model number on them. The only thumb screw I can see in the manual looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumb001.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	761.4 KB 
ID:	54633

That is for a B66 or B22 enlarger. Which is one I don't have, at least I don't think so. If that's the one let us know, maybe someone will have one.
    Most likely many of the other screws are the same thread. The instructions also mention a black tab bushing.

George

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have the manuals - the thumb screws are #11 -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2012-07-31 at 7.14.33 PM.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	54635
    I can't find any screw that will thread into the holes. Maybe they're metric. I have a lot of screws in my junk box, but none will fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would suggest that you "Ask Harry": http://www.classic-enlargers.com/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Picture helped. They are 10-32 nylon thumb screws. The threaded portion is 3/4" long. The ones I have look a little different then the manual, the head is smaller in diameter and thicker but they came from the same place on the bracket.

George

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post
    Picture helped. They are 10-32 nylon thumb screws. The threaded portion is 3/4" long. The ones I have look a little different then the manual, the head is smaller in diameter and thicker but they came from the same place on the bracket.

George
    Thanks. Off to the hardware store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you don't have a set of taps maybe pick one up too. Cleaning out rust, paint and dirt with a tap will make things easier.

George

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post

George
    Thanks. The 10-32 screws worked.
    Johnny

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin