Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,042   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You know... the heat from the lamp will cause a convection air current around the enlarger. The resulting flow of air levitates dust particles that will stick to the surface of the lens.... We certainly need a protection from this.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    You know... the heat from the lamp will cause a convection air current around the enlarger. The resulting flow of air levitates dust particles that will stick to the surface of the lens.... We certainly need a protection from this.
    I think what I need is a darkroom-sized lens cap so that no dust can get in anywhere. That should solve all the problems!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    All of my enlarger lenses are Schneider Componon-S: 50, 80, 150, 210, 240, and 300mm. All of them came with rear caps except the two smallest, which came in the plastic bubble cases. I have since purchased Schneider rear caps for them.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    All of my enlarger lenses are Schneider Componon-S: 50, 80, 150, 210, 240, and 300mm. All of them came with rear caps except the two smallest, which came in the plastic bubble cases. I have since purchased Schneider rear caps for them.
    Finally, someone with rear caps!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Right - so it seems we need rear caps and no front caps then!
    Haaaa, why are my prints so light????

I have front and rear caps for both my Rodenstock Omegaron and my Schneider Betavaron. The Betavaron came with both, I think the Omegaron are "found" caps. The rear cap has "Omega" silkscreened on it and has a tab sticking out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do have a genuine front cap for EL-Nikkor 50mm f/4. It's a metal cap with two little clips on both side of the cap. I don't use it though.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Schneider lenses that I bought new came in cardboard boxes with both front and end caps. Other brands that came screwed into plastic boxes also had front caps.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lens caps would be nice, but I don't find them to be necessary. I wrap my enlarger lenses in a microfiber cloth and put them in a drawer when not in use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enlarging lenses with-and-without caps. The ones without the original rear caps or cases, have aftermarket caps (not shown) From Right to Left:

Rokkor CE with plastic case as rear cap (? front cap)
    Behind a Schneider Betaveron with front push-on cap and rear hard plastic screw-on cap.
    Schneider Componon S with plastic case as rear cap and original front push-on cap.
    Front Omegaron with original Rodenstock special cap, it squeezes inside the opening.
    Behind Komura with plastic case (? front cap)
    EL-Nikkor with plastic case and original squeeze-to-release front cap
    300mm Schneider Componon with original front cap (? rear cap)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fujinar with original front cap (? original rear cap).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin