Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,849   Online: 718

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rodenstok Rodagon with original front cap (? original rear cap).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I noticed this is missing a cap when I came back from John's last weekend.
    JOHN: I may have left a Schneider lenscap in your darkroom last weekend!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Did enlarging lenses originally come with caps? It would seem that the answer is no, but why not?

Shouldn't they stay dust free just like taking lenses? Is this some kind of unidentified conspiracy?
    The conspiracy is someone lost or threw out the caps and cases for your lenses!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Fujinar with original front cap (? original rear cap).
    I think that's the prettiest lens cap I've ever seen!

The conspiracy is someone lost or threw out the caps and cases for your lenses!
    I think you must be right! Time to get some lens caps ordered.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kaiser caps are made in just about every size you would need. I even got a tiny one for the back of my 30mm Rokkor. B&H carries them.
    Measure the outside diameter of the lens and get the cap with that measurement.

The only thing Kaiser does not make is half-millimeter (0.5mm) sizes. The Eskofot Ultragon needs a 0.5 mm size.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Does anyone know a source of caps, or even better keepers/bubble cases, in the UK or elsewhere in the EU?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kaiser caps are made in just about every size you would need. I even got a tiny one for the back of my 30mm Rokkor. B&H carries them.
    Measure the outside diameter of the lens and get the cap with that measurement.

The only thing Kaiser does not make is half-millimeter (0.5mm) sizes. The Eskofot Ultragon needs a 0.5 mm size.
    Guess it's time to replace the battery in my calipers then!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    All three of my Componons, except one, were bought new in the late 60s and early 70s, and all had both front and rear black plastic push-on caps (105, 135, 150). Much later I bought a used Durst 210 Componon that came with an apparently original rear push-on cap, but the front cap was a substitute push-on. Each lens is kept ready for use in its proper Omega cone with both caps in place. I believe in taking meticulous care of my equipment, and they are all in like-new condition.
    Last edited by silveror0; 08-05-2012 at 06:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of my Schneider Apo-Componon HM lenses have front and rear caps, and plastic storage bubbles.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The comment about the lens hood actually has some merit, but for a totally different reason.
    I use a lens hood on my EL-Nikkor 50. It has kept my fingers off the front element when I reached up to turn the aperture ring...but did not grab the lens quite right.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin