Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,958   Posts: 1,558,094   Online: 1084

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    CGW - the fact you personally or anyone in tornoto for that matter is not seeing an uptick in film use\sales does not mean its not happening.
    Lomo say they have increased sales 200% of roll films they "manufacture' (re brand) between 2009 and 2011.
    Kodak is still calling the film production unit of the company one of the only sources of prfitable revenue for them with a steady albeit slow rise in the past 3 years (same period).
    Wither way. even though the demand\sales of film today are marginal compared to what they were in the height of commercial film sales, there is no doubt the usage is increasing following the switch to digital that has takes place over almost a decade, and is now more or less pretty much finalized.
    Who ever is buying film today is doing so out of a specific choice, which makes it a different type of market, with different aspects of customer base and dedication to particular product.

All it is, is a niche market, kind of like macrame, that is steadily growing.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All it is, is a niche market, kind of like macrame, that is steadily growing.

Lord have mercy! Words to live by--not!

I feel like it's late January 2012 again...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I feel like it's late January 2012 again... ???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The great flame war of 2012...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    The larger labs--even smaller Fuji/Noritsu Walmart/Costco/Big Box of choice minilabs--closed film service for lack of customers. Close to 4 large is way steep for most casual shooters who can handle small volume processing for peanuts. JOBOs weren't exactly strong sellers 5 years ago.
    Some of us aren't casual shooters, I comitted to buy one early, will receive the lift for free and will be ecstatic to have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back to the focus of this thread, I'm excited about the JOBO CPP-3 announcement. I see a definite need for equipment like this in the coming years as more and more big labs shut down. I hope that fixes for any early problems that show up in the 220v version get incorporated into the 115v US version.

I have a CPP-2 now. Two, in fact, one in need of repair. I'd love to know if the lift from a CPP-2 will fit the CPP-3. That would save a chunk of change, allowing CPP-2 users an easier upgrade to a CPP-3.

I'd also like to hear more about the built-in timer for up to 10 processes. Is it just a timer that signals at the conclusion of each step of a programmed process, or does it have features that help automate processing, like activate a motor-driven lift? That would be cool.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The lift will be identical to the one currently in use with CPA2\CPP2 machines. The built in timer is only an audio\visual alert timer to assist the user in working the machine, but will not move or do anything for the user other beep.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great info, thank you. That's really good news about the lift. It's looking better all the time.

The process timer is a welcome improvement, even if it only beeps. It'll save the operator from having to reach over to the Gralab 300 and fiddle with the hands at the beginning of each step, or fumble for the digital kitchen timer and reset the next step time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be tempted. If my CPE2 dies, I probably WILL buy one.

I can get 4x5 E6 done locally in Atlanta - for something like $3 a sheet I believe. Forget that, at least for doing very much of it. I send my 35mm and 120 to Dwayne's but will probably stop that. I just lack time to do it myself. But I'm trying to change that. Since I have the CPE2 I don't really NEED the new machine (though Expert drums would be nice) but could definitely see springing for it, after the new view camera I've promised myself anyway.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I'd be tempted. If my CPE2 dies, I probably WILL buy one.

I can get 4x5 E6 done locally in Atlanta - for something like $3 a sheet I believe. Forget that, at least for doing very much of it. I send my 35mm and 120 to Dwayne's but will probably stop that. I just lack time to do it myself. But I'm trying to change that. Since I have the CPE2 I don't really NEED the new machine (though Expert drums would be nice) but could definitely see springing for it, after the new view camera I've promised myself anyway.
    For those of us where commercial E6 souping is $10/sheet, this product makes a lot of sense. I won't get one because I have a CPP2 and I suspect that people like me (i.e. those holding previously-sold product) are the main barrier to Jobo, not the overall state of the market. So I think it will sell quite slowly but clearly Jobo is fine with that - it's an old design on old tooling, they can run up a batch and warehouse them until sold; it's not like they're perishable goods. They ought to know their market better than any waffling prognosticators on apug.

Edit: check out the current market price of $650 for a 3010 tank if you think there's no demand for these products.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin