Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,400   Online: 1124

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, this is a fully up to date, professional and warrantied processor that will allow a lot of control with onboard process timing and it priced to where the company can stay in business and yet people always bitch.

I am still on the fence about it but only because I have spent over 20K on LF, film paper and chemistry this year....

Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    The whole pricing thing makes me chuckle. People spend 3K on a car, motorcyle, or boat and it's
    called a klunker, and will need another thousand in repairs in two months. People spend 2 or 3 K on
    a DLSR and then it's obsolete in two years, or will be lacking some silly feature they just gotta have
    next, so they shell out the money again. They spend 2K on some long telephoto lens for a vacation
    and use it once. What gives? So here's a nice piece of dkrm gear with a good reputation and practical application and everyone whines. Is it really that much more than in the good ole days if
    one factors in ordinary inflation? Gosh, grow up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The pricing doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I know I'm going to eventually burn up my second upgrade level 1 CPP-2 by using my Expert drums on it like I did the upgrade level 1 CPP-2 I had before it, so I'm looking forward to availability of the US version of the CPP-3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand about the pricing Drew, but there are some other factors.

I could buy one of these CPP3s if I wanted one badly enough. The thing is, I have a CPE2 that does the job. If I didn't I could buy one for a few hundred dollars, or a used CPA2 or CPP2, though admittedly the price of a very good condition CPP/CPA with the late model motor would starts to make the new one with new features and warranty fairly attractive. But if I didn't have a Jobo I could develop my roll film in inversion tanks like I used to, and still do for Diafine, and my sheet film in my hangars and deep tanks or in trays. I don't really need one of these. They're nice, but not necessary. They make good results easier but if you go to the trouble to do it right no one would be able to tell your prints from negatives (or prints if so inclined) processed in one of these from those done using much simpler and cheaper methods. This thing is a luxury for most of us. If I needed it to do my work, I would buy one. But I don't. So it's a question of whether the added convenience is worth the price, and it's a high price considering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Wow, I believe most of the U.S. pay about $.08 per Kwh.
    I have my bill right here. Last month I used 840 kWh. My total bill was $111.06 for a total cost of $0.13/ kWh. But that's not the whole story. My bill includes fees for "Environmental Compliance Cost" ($5.97) and "Nuclear Construction Cost Recovery" ($3.84) and "Municipal Franchise Fee" ($1.12) that don't vary no matter how much or little I use, plus sales tax of $6.29. Even the $0.13 is less than half the cost of Fabrizio's electricity if the dollar were equal to the Euro, which it hasn't been in some time. At current exchange rates his cost is more like $0.36 per kWh. Wow is right! Almost three times what I pay, and my rate is, according to the poster I'm replying to anyway, over 50% over the US average (I really have no idea what the US average is.)

My gas bill says I pay $0.899 per therm. I don't know how that compares to Mcalories.

But it's pretty clear that I can dismiss the cost of heating the Jobo as trivial, while our European friends might not want to dismiss it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, my belief is apparently outdated. According to what I find on the web, you are closer to the U.S average now.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My rate is actually a bit lower before the fees are applied. That matters because the fees are fixed. So the more I use, the lower the effective rate, though the difference won't be that much.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin