Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,340   Online: 957

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Soligor 35mm f/3.5 enlarging lens?

I picked it up for less than $10 some time ago I think.. finally used it... I bought it because it was such an odd focal length, and that one day I might like trimming some ATP or 80s into 110 etc.

In any case, I made some crops from Rollei ATP with a Rodenstock 50mm and this lens.. at the same crop/print size, the Soligor seems noticeably sharper, (20x enlargement iirc), and asp at 30x enlargement (think it's 30x anyway), can start to see the grain on ATP at this size.. was just fiddling around out of curiosity.

Anyone have more info on this lens?

Funnily enough with the default light setup in the enlarger I was using it in, seems to cover 35mm wide open at smaller sizes, but with vignetting in the corners of the 35mm frame, but the circle is bigger. Stopped down may be alright for full frame printing.. larger sizes not sure, it projects off the base board.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Athiril,

Not direct knowledge of the lens, but it seems likely that it was meant for 110 film. It should work with APS as well.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    35mm FL enlarging lenses were usually meant for 1/2 frame 35mm film.

Although Soligor was considered a bit of a budget lens, along with Vivitar, both firms produced (well, marketed) some very good lenses. The owner of the Soligor brand, Allied Impex [AiC], owned a few Japanese companies, notably Miranda, but it seems most Soligor lenses were made by Kowa or Tokina.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin