Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,854   Online: 991

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    I searched for Digital Truth in the app store and didn't find it. What is the exact name of the app?
    Search under "THE MASSIVE DEV CHART". This should get it.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    One thing that I wish it had is a prewash input. Currently, I have to set up a split development, allowing me to use the "Development Time A" setting as the prewash, and the "Development TIme B" as the developer time. I know that this is not a critical time, but I'd still like it to be automated into the process.

It works fine once it's in your "My Time" section, but it is a bit of a pain to get it there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using a good while now, it's pretty nice. The custom function is great, I've got my own times and methods and this helps me track that. It has a green or red "safelight" mode too, probably not too "safe" but easy on the eyes in dim light. It's well worth the price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use it on an iTouch all the time. Really like being able to customize it and the sounds are great reminders. I just got the notion of putting a custom time on for printing, thinking that the "red" mode will work better than the lame kitchen timer I have now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use it all the time. I recommend it. The database of times are just starting points but pretty close. You can also customize your times too. I really like the metronome. I wish it would have a slider to increase and decrease percentage of development times.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use it all the time also - I have customised everything to get the best out of my own inept processes - I'd hate to have to go back to 'thinking'...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's alright. Have to dig down a few layers to get to the times but I guess not too much better way to do it. Wish it allowed some kind of more convenient way of saving favs. Frankly I use the main site more even from my iPad or iPhone. I like having it but if I used it for a while and knew how it worked before buying it I would not have bought it. Its overpriced.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use it all the time (all film, all printing) and it's pretty good. Particularly when you want to store a bunch of subtly different process variations, e.g. push/pull/rotary/inversion/stand, etc.

My main problem with it is that you can't enter a fully-customisable process (i.e. arbitrary list of named steps), which means that you can't time an E6 process without having to drop out to an external timer for the wash steps and need to remember when to do that. It's fine for B&W and any colour-neg process though if you abuse it slightly, e.g. enter the Bleach and Fix times as Fixer A and Fixer B, etc. And if you're using it for printing (I do my paper in a Jobo) and hook the iPhone up to your darkroom speakers, there's no way of turning the audible notification down or off without muting the iPhone's music output so you get annoying bell sounds over the music.

You do end up with a couple drops of water on the screen but as far as I can tell, that's harmless. I just wipe it off with a sleeve after each process.

The red 'safe' mode is not paper-safe! Not the app's fault though; a phone LCD is just not designed to have sufficient attenuation for that purpose.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Rich,

It costs under $10; about as much as one roll of film (buying/self-developing). IMO, that's hardly overpriced. Of course, you consider this overpriced, but I thought that I'd bring in a comparison for those who might not be able to quickly get the price.

Also, if you exit the App from your favourite screen, next time you open it, it will still be there. Thus, no need to "…dig down a few layers to get to the times".

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    The red 'safe' mode is not paper-safe! Not the app's fault though; a phone LCD is just not designed to have sufficient attenuation for that purpose.
    Does dimming the screen (Settings:Brightness) and/or distance help this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin