Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,161   Online: 952

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anybody using the Digital Truth developing time app on their iphone

I know these guys are advertisers, however I'm interested in hearing feedback from folks who have used it here on this group. Seems reasonably priced. One of my concerns would be getting chemistry on my phone. Bill Barber

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear nsurit,

I have used the app on my my iPod and it works well. I would like it to update the times more often but the reality is that I don't add new films or developers often enough for that to be a real issue. While I have not purchased anything using the app (didn't even realize I could), I have purchased from them in the past and there were no issues.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use it with the iPhone, and also with the iPad. However, I prefer the iPhone. The audible feedback is very good, ands it promotes good consistency in film developing.
    My hands are not so wet, since I develop film in light tight tanks. The only contact with the phone is when changing from developer to stop bath, or from stop bath to fixer, then to hypo clear. You have to activate through the "continue" button, but you do not have to fumble for it.
    I like the fact that it will adjust developing time according to your developer temperature (that you input by hand before starting).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I like the fact that you can completely customize it for your own tested times and developer combinations.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a very nice app. I don't use it as much as I could, simply because I'm not wired enough to know where my iPod is at all times. Easier just to use my watch. I do use their massive dev chart so me buying the app was a way of saying thanks, even if I don't use it all the time.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    I know these guys are advertisers, however I'm interested in hearing feedback from folks who have used it here on this group. Seems reasonably priced. One of my concerns would be getting chemistry on my phone. Bill Barber
    don't worry about getting chemicals on your phone. It will survive plus the fact it seems that people don't keep their phone for very long time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use it every time I develop. I adjust times to my liking and save them ... it's REALLY handy. I keep it on the shelf about eye level in the darkroom and keep a fingertip dry (or just wipe it on my apron) or in a pinch, I have used my nose. I can only imagine what I look like using my nose to push buttons, but hey, it works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1. Use it every time. I have been getting consistent developing with my negatives. Just wipe finger on towel and swipe iphone and tap the button. I can't imagine doing it any other way. Dilution mixer and time/temp adjustments are really easy.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I use it every time I develop. I adjust times to my liking and save them ... it's REALLY handy. I keep it on the shelf about eye level in the darkroom and keep a fingertip dry (or just wipe it on my apron) or in a pinch, I have used my nose. I can only imagine what I look like using my nose to push buttons, but hey, it works.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm also a fan of this app. If you get it, make sure to poke around in the settings under "My Times". You can even customize your agitation scheme cues there, which was a nice thing for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I searched for Digital Truth in the app store and didn't find it. What is the exact name of the app?
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin