Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,282   Online: 1212

Shooter
    Multi Format

How to Take Out the Elevation Roller of Omega D5500?

There is a roller in the Omega D5500 or ProLab II, which enables the finer up and down movement. The rubber on the roller fails pretty early. I've seen the instruction on how to replace the roller, but I'm here stuck in removing the pin(s). With the pin of the axel, it prevents me from removing the roller assembly out and replace the rubber.

How do I remove the pin? Evey by following the instruction below, the pin would be still stuck in the middle.

Thx.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1771.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	56150

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    Thats my gear puller in the picture. Depending on the length of the pin on the gear puller, you can push the pin almost all the way out, or at least far enough that it is easy to pull the rest of the way out with pliers.
    http://www.micro-tools.com/store/ite...itemCode=VH220
    Last edited by ic-racer; 08-27-2012 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey RedSun or Ic-racer,

Where can one buy the replacement rubber roller itself? Mine also failed early. I see this guy in Canada has a non OEM replacement, but it's almost $200.

Thanks, Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Hey RedSun or Ic-racer,

Where can one buy the replacement rubber roller itself? Mine also failed early. I see this guy in Canada has a non OEM replacement, but it's almost $200.

Thanks, Andre
    I used these parts from my local hardware store. Worked pretty well, so I did an identical repair on my second chassis.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...l=1#post336719

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ic-racer you really seem to have the touch. American ingenuity. Thanks.

Only one of my rollers rotted so I still have micro height adjustment - funny thing is i never use it though. I just raise and lower head by push/pull. But it always bothered me fishing for the rubber pices in bottom column.

I have had my D5500 for coming on 16 years. I placed a 6" flash opal glass on bottom of condenser assembly and turned it into a diffused source, replacing 75W bulb with 250W and at times 150W. Removed plastic fins and replaced with small computer fans to blow are past condenser head. Together with Ilford filters, makes better B&W prints than my Saunders 45 II dichroic
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    ic-racer you really seem to have the touch. American ingenuity. Thanks.

Only one of my rollers rotted so I still have micro height adjustment - funny thing is i never use it though. I just raise and lower head by push/pull. But it always bothered me fishing for the rubber pices in bottom column.

I have had my D5500 for coming on 16 years. I placed a 6" flash opal glass on bottom of condenser assembly and turned it into a diffused source, replacing 75W bulb with 250W and at times 150W. Removed plastic fins and replaced with small computer fans to blow are past condenser head. Together with Ilford filters, makes better B&W prints than my Saunders 45 II dichroic
    Seems like a good modification.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin