Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,524   Online: 834

Page 104 of 130 FirstFirst ... 454949899100101102103104105106107108109110114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1291

Shooter
    Medium Format

First time APUG poster, so I hope this works...

Wow! I am so glad to see that the darkroom is still alive and well and that there are still some traditional shooters out there. I've been an APUG lurker for maybe a couple months now, but only just now starting to really see what's all here.

It's wonderful to see so many variations on the darkroom theme and what works for different folks. I know there are a few ideas out there that never even occurred to me and now I want to implement some of them. I hope too much reading of this post doesn't end up making me unhappy with what I have!

I'd love to post a few photos of my darkroom, but it seems I must have them available online with a URL in order to do that. (I ain't got not website for that so...oh well) I live in a downtown loft that had a large closet/laundry/bathroom arrangement and my loving wife elected to cede this space over to me for a darkroom last Christmas. It isn't ideal; I wish I had room for a proper sink, but the space works out allright for me for now.

BTW: I live in Dallas, TX. Not too big a photo town and certainly not too much film photography happening (it seems). If any B&W film shooters from the DFW area are interested, I'd like to talk about getting a small group together for critiques, photo/portfolio reviews and general photog talk every so often. Maybe PM me if you're up for that....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

You can post the photos as an attachment. Here is how:

Either use the "Post Reply" function or the "Go Advanced" function below the "Quick Reply" box.

The attachment function is the little "paper clip" icon on the top line in the grey box.

Note the restrictions on file sizes and image sizes in the "Attachment Key" - remember that horizontal images have more space available to them then vertical ones.

Upload your image (after resizing? and adjusting the file size?).

Close the window and finish your post.

Hope this helps.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Exeter2010, welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. There are a number of B&W shooters in DFW. There is a small group of large format guys that get together fairly often, but you'll find them over on the large format forum. APUG get togethers have happened from time to time, but no one seems to want to be the one to propose a time and place.

You can show us pictures of your darkroom without a website, just do an attachment to a post in the thread. Below the box for writing a post, there is a button for "manage attachments".

Also, check out my "pending" darkroom at the link in my signature.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

My Darkroom

Mattking - Thanks for the info on posting photos! Seems like I tried to do it on another subject and it was asking me for a URL, or something like that, which I neither have, nor understand how to do if I did!

So, here are a couple photos of my humble darkroom. It's not everything I'd like it to be, but I can manage to make prints to 11x14 and hopefully 16x20 soon. I tend to pin 8x10 workprints to the wall (suggestion from Mike Johnston; TOP) as a means of "editing" and it seems to work out well. He said that if you still like it after a few days of looking at it on the wall, there's a good chance it can hold up as a portfolio, or series selection later. Anyway...I've really enjoyed looking over this huge thread and seeing the many MANY different iterations of the traditional darkroom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DR Wetside_1.jpg   DR Dryside_1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like you have been busy. Nice.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks pretty good to me-darkrooms always evolve over time anyway.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format

My darkroom....

A mish mesh of borrowed, used and hand me down parts. Only the sink is new...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-2.jpg   photo-1.jpg   photo.JPG   photo-3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really nice. How was the sink made?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Really nice. How was the sink made?
    Ah, just got my local ironmonger to fabricate it. Of course I had to give him a good drawing and measurements. Cost me around USD160.00

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin