Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,087   Online: 870

Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 65696100101102103104105106107108109110111112116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1291
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello interloper and welcome to APUG. Quite a project you have going on with that darkroom, looks nice.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great old barn,the interior would have made some nice back ground shoots but would not have made a very clean darkroom.You have done a great job on making a nice darkroom.How bout the out side,does it still look like an old barn.
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes the exterior is the same - it's a protected building so I can't change it (not that I'd want to!). It's made of thick stone with no natural lighting - so when I got the chance at it I jumped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats great interloper,looked like a neat old bliuding from inside and did notice those large building stones.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    my first one... and i get to pee while I wait for things to develop! Notice the state of the art light prevention system
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zl1.jpg   zl2.jpg   zl3.jpg   zl4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks homey, but, if the light prevention thingy worked, why aren't the pictures black?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Looks homey, but, if the light prevention thingy worked, why aren't the pictures black?
    well, you see, the system only prevents indoor light when I wear the matching aluminum foil hat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Hi guys

First time poster here. After years of using digital (still do for most paid work) I've returned to film (mainly 120 BW) and have built a darkroom in a 100-year old barn opposite my studio. You can see the pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbcpstu...7624700573309/

Although the total refurb cost a fair bit virtually everything in there was donated for free. The enlargers, lightbox, trays etc came from a local college and other photographers who, sadly, would have thrown them out. Even the metal sink and worktops were free!

The walls are a bit bare and the refurb has literally only just been completed so it'll evolve and change over time. If anyone has any suggestions for improving things I'd love to hear them.
    Wow! I can't imagine how much time and effort you put into that, but it looks great!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by angrykitty View Post
    Wow! I can't imagine how much time and effort you put into that, but it looks great!
    Best part of a year...yup, a freaking YEAR...in between having to work it's taken that long. The last few months were actually a bit depressing - it started to feel like it was never going to be finished. But it is...and I'm a happy camper.

It's taken so long that I started to believe by the time it was finished digital photography would be in decline.

By the way, don't knock your "light prevention" - it's probably more light-tight than mine!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Best part of a year...yup, a freaking YEAR...in between having to work it's taken that long. The last few months were actually a bit depressing - it started to feel like it was never going to be finished. ...
    Wow! I'm not the only one. It hasn't been a year, but I started in February and really thought I'd be finished by now. Did have a good weekend, though. Got the dry side cabinets finished and installed. Catch up on the blog (in sig line)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cabinets.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin