Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,783   Online: 854

Page 107 of 130 FirstFirst ... 75797101102103104105106107108109110111112113117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1291
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by angrykitty View Post
    my first one... and i get to pee while I wait for things to develop! Notice the state of the art light prevention system
    I did a similar thing in my basement darkroom except I used polystyrene foam insulation board wrapped in two layers of black Duvetyne.
    (Black cotton velour fabric. http://www.filmtools.com/duv54rolx50y.html )

The 1/2-inch insul-board is covered in two layers of black fabric then taped at the edges. It was wedged into the window frame and the edges were packed with felt weather stripping, stuffed in with a putty knife, all the way around.

Ain't no light going to get in there!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After three years without a darkroom I am finally getting one. It's four hours away from my house but it's a darkroom and it's all mine.
    Will be located in the darkest corner of a basement, probably by the washer and dryer. Would love to build one wall to make it a separate room but since the house isn't mine I'm not pushing my luck. Beseler arrived last week, rest of the gear is on it's way...hopefully will have a picture or two soon.
    Shannon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dont have pictures of mine, yet. But hopefully i will soon. I'm probably the youngest person on here. (17 years old)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome Luseboy to apug.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Luseboy. Your post reminded me of some pictures I recently found. This was my first darkroom I set up when I was 14, though my older brother helped me out.
    The enlarger is a SOLAR and was a gift from a family friend. We used Kodak "tri chem packs" for processing both the film and paper. On the baseboard of the enlarger is my first home-made enlarging exposure meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My current darkroom is in a new location. But I still have that paper cutter !
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=993577

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have just finished my duck boards after several years of not having them. I've not had a chance to use them yet but I will report one I've given them a test drive.

I have made them from redwood and given them a mild stain certainly to be ruined upon the first batch of fix.

C'est la vie

And

Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The duck broads look great Robert.Don't see them much any more,the wood shop at the high school would make new one's every year for the photo lab class,that was 45yrs ago.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin