Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,685   Online: 806

Page 108 of 130 FirstFirst ... 85898102103104105106107108109110111112113114118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1291
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I never really understood the need for duckboards. Why did you add them again?
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have to dump a lot of chemicals out of turn during several of my processes. These have aided in getting the new chems setup with out having to dump the others due to contamination. I also like building little things for the darkroom as there are cheaper ways of doing it, but I like the aesthetic as well.

I have dumped 75 liters of processing chems from the Jobo and it has solved some of these problems.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format

my lab

Hi there!

Here some pics of my dark room. I got most of the stuff in there for free Which is good because I'm only 19 and student

For more info look at the notes on Flickr.
    And yes: there is no sink in the pic..because that area looks way too messy and yes it's made of wood because it looks nice and is quite durable even when handling with chem.

The whole room is around 35m2..but not all of it is part of the dark"room" (darkcorner)

Area For Negatives
    Area For Positives
    Under The Big Table
    The Chem Shelf
    The Enlarger

Hope you like it..I do

Best,

Toby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Toby, Nice setup! :thumbsup:

One small suggestion: If you can get your developing trays farther away from the enlarger it would decrease the chance for accidents.

I had the same thing in my darkroom. Although it was nice and convenient to be able to pop a piece of photo paper into the easel, expose it then drop it right into the developing tray, I always had to watch out for little drops of water and chemistry that always accumulate on the tabletop.

You're working in the dark. You can't see things as clearly as you could with the lights on. It's a pain in the a$$ when you have to be constantly worried about setting something down on that table top only to hit a puddle of Dektol. Your notebooks, pencils and tools will soon be covered with little splotches. If you're making multiple copies of your prints, it's hard to find a dry place to set them down where they won't be spoiled before you batch-develop them.

I understand you might have space limitations. So do I. However, it will benefit you greatly to separate your wet area from your dry area. I only had one workbench in my darkroom. I only had one place to set everything up. I finally had to go find another table to become my wet area. When I finally did, I found my darkroom life became substantially more enjoyable.

Like I said... Your darkroom looks very well equipped. Just suggesting.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My steel sink has plastic mesh for much the same reason. I can dump chemicals at any point without contaminating other trays/measures. It also helps avoid the heat sink that a steel sink represents.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A vertical separator between the enlarger and the wet area should help. I favour having the wet stuff physically separated from the dry/electrical if possible.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for your good suggestions

Indeed I am aware of the wet/dry problem..I'm already planning something like grahamp suggested. However not started yet
    The space between the trays and the enlarger is normally a bit larger..I just arranged it like that for the photo

Anyway: it's just like in the first post..the first darkroom you build for your enemy-.- The next one will be way more "thought-out"

Shooter
    35mm

feeling impatient now!

Hello,

I'm living near London and have only recently discovered thisbrilliant website.
    I love traditional photography so much, I wish everyone could appreciate it, but i'm the only one in my entire sixthform year who is using the darkroom (which is amazing. I'm practically living in there at the moment).

A few days ago an old neighbour over heard me pleading with my dad for my own home darkroom, and he came round the next day with two boxes packed with B&W film processing and printing equiptment, including a simple enlarger, which he gave to me for free! I couldn't believe it and am now extrememly excited.

I'm hoping to convert a garden shed into my own not-perfect-but-certainly-better-than-nothing darkroom
    when I get it going I will take some photo's to post here.

All the darkrooms previously posted here are super, and this thread has given me many ideas, thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Violet-photo,

My first darkroom was in a garden shed, about 2m x 3m. You need to make sure the shed has enough height for the enlarger, and possibly a future enlarger (e.g. large format 5x4")

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    There are some photos of APUG member Síle's darkroom in a shed (a darkshed) here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...tml#post625917
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin