Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,993   Online: 1147

Page 109 of 130 FirstFirst ... 95999103104105106107108109110111112113114115119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1291

Shooter
    35mm
    Good point about height, I had only really considered floor space.

The darkshed by Síle is a prime example. I'm sure mine will be far from it. My dad won't give up his lovely big workshop shed with heating and electricity ready to go, so it looks like im stuck with a battered, cob webby and cold lump at the bottom of the garden. woo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet-photo View Post
    Good point about height, I had only really considered floor space.

The darkshed by Síle is a prime example. I'm sure mine will be far from it. My dad won't give up his lovely big workshop shed with heating and electricity ready to go, so it looks like im stuck with a battered, cob webby and cold lump at the bottom of the garden. woo!
    In those circumstances you should probably have an RCD on the mains supply.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I'd be inclined to remove the enlarger lens after each session as the damp may affect it.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Darkroom is almost finished. Details are in the blog. (see sig line for link)

Sorry about the bad photo merge. I don't do this stuff very much - or very well ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pano 102710b copy.jpg   no table.jpg  
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I like how you've stored the bottles on the far wall.
    Steve.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Darkroom is almost finished. Details are in the blog. (see sig line for link)

Sorry about the bad photo merge. I don't do this stuff very much - or very well ...
    Im diggin your paper stocks there David.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder if anyone could tell me where they found their darkroom furniture? Like, wet and dry tables.
    I have a very tight budget unfortunatley, would be looking at a push £100.
    I'll be in a small shed, so ideally the tables would sit either side leaving a (small) space to move in the middle.

I have a feeling it's going to be a loooooooong time before I save up the funds for this darkroom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think any sort of sturdy table will do, as long as it isn't too low. Cover the wet side table with some plastic if you don't want to ruin it. I suppose you can get some sort of cheap tables at some surplus or goodwill store. Or ask around in the neighbourhood if someone's got a leftover kitchen table or something like that. I've made do with a long wooden plank set on two chairs. In a darkened hall. So, anything goes as long as it is sturdy enough.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Images
    Good Afternoon, Violet,

I don't know about the situation in the UK, but over here, various items of furniture are very commonly available for near-giveaway prices at yard sales. Occasionally, people will even put an unwanted item out near the curb with a sign indicating "Free" or "Please Take" instead of having the garbage truck collect it. Thrift shops almost always have old furniture on the floor. The only disadvantage to any of these options is that you have to have a means to haul the item. With only minimal tools and woodworking skills, simple shelving can be built at low cost. Making a sturdy enlarger table, of course, requires a little higher level of ability. A little ingenuity, creativity, and flexibility can be enormously helpful.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    man you guys are killing me. what I wouldn't do for another long sink in the darkroom....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin