Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,810   Online: 765

Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1060100104105106107108109110111112113114115116120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1291

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My dry bench top came from a salvage yard. I built the frame and diagonal support legs and bolted the whole thing onto the wall. It is deep enough to take Beseler 45MXTs. My web bench is a commercial steel sink unit that also came from the salvage yard (Urban Ore in Berkeley for the SF Bay locals). If someone is remodeling a kitchen nearby you may be able to salvage the top. One of the work surfaces in my first house came from a refurbished 'granny flat' (that's an in-law space for the American audience 8-) ).

You can use some strong builder's polythene to protect tables or as a basic waterproof spill surface. For the wet bench you could use a trestle table, but something more solid would be better for the enlarger.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp View Post
    My dry bench top came from a salvage yard.
    The "countertops" on my dry side are two pieces of an old, tall door that I rescued from a trash pile. It was originally one piece, but there was an "incident". (All outlined in the blog)

At the other end of the scale, I splurged and bought a stainless steel restaurant worktable. When I saw one, it just seemed perfect for the space and the tasks assigned to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails worktable.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hospital and restaurant skips, great stainless steel gear to be found in them. Usually if you ask nicely there is no problem with taking them.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, I'd probably rotate that press. I can imagine it becoming a pain after just a few prints.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A great thread with some truly great darkrooms.

Here is my darkroom, started black and white developing and printing a few months ago. Alot to learn, this site has been very helpful.

It is a small space but I only really use 1/2 the space anyway.

Have two enlargers at the moment as I got one free when I bought a camera. Keep the paper in the draws of the desk

There was a gaping hole in the wall, leading to under the house. This was a disused storage room under the house before. I decided to put a ventilation fan in to keep freash air in the room. Light coming in isnt a big problem as I use the room only at night and the hole comes out underneath the house.

I have seen some massive enlargers in this thread, am i correct in thinking these are for printing larger films?
    Currently I use an LPL enlarger that has a 35mm film and 5.5cmx5.5cm film holders. I have just purchased a 6x7 film camera so I think I may have to get a new enlarger, unless my enlarger will be able to do a larger film. The enlarger is an LPL 66-SII. I wonder if I cut a 6x7 hole in the 5.5 x 5.5 film holder would i be able to enlarge a 6x7 film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think you will be able to do 6x7 with that enlarger. The light source isn't designed for that, and won't illuminate the corners of the negatives.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NDP_2010 View Post
    It is a small space but I only really use 1/2 the space anyway.
    What a great space you've got! Small? Never, I print in a cupboard under the stairs!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    As well , take the tension off when the press is not in use. Press will last longer that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    David, I'd probably rotate that press. I can imagine it becoming a pain after just a few prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Such a colorful space, very nice!

I've been shy of posting mine...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    As well , take the tension off when the press is not in use. Press will last longer that way.
    Good tip, Mr. Carnie. Of course, the press is already ancient, but I will raise the lid.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin