Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,915   Online: 995

Page 111 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1161101105106107108109110111112113114115116117121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1291
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Good tip, Mr. Carnie. Of course, the press is already ancient, but I will raise the lid.
    Ancient or not, putting a boulder on-top of something is an ancient as it gets. It should do the job well, regardless of it's age.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the Durst 805 has been replaced by Laborator 1200 now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails co1.jpg   co5.jpg   co3.jpg   co4.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Darkroom in my new to me house.

Well, here are some photos of the darkroom in my new home. It's not pretty and I still have some light leaks to take care of but it is functional and a little bigger than my old darkroom! Sorry for the phone pics! This album also has my old darkroom pics in it.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=40e8e27982
    Last edited by lorirfrommontana; 12-08-2010 at 04:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: my pics didn't show up

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Lori,

You optimized your space nicely. It looks like it is very pleasant to work in.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all, my first post in this particular thread...

just upgraded my Omega D-II from its old condenser head to a super chromega d-ii dichro. I didn't get the extensions for the lift rods with the head, so a trip to the hardware store for some 3/8" steel rods and some creative use of pvc piping as a collar made it good as new! Also regreased all the moving parts and gave everything a once over, everything is nice and smooth again. It's up to par with the enlargers at my university now, but seeing as those are five hours away due to christmas break, my home darkroom is now a formidable compound of mass production.

See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I posted photos a long time ago, but my darkroom has changed so here is a link to updated photos:

http://darkroomlff.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Part of my darkroom, in my furnace room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5290857218_d9117989de.jpg   5290857982_38214e7d34.jpg  
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

very small darkroom in Japan

I took a quick photo of mine yesterday while at work. Being in an apartment in Japan, space is very limited for me, so I've set it up in my shower room. I'm 177cm tall and can easily touch both walls with my arms outstretched.

The enlarger is an LPL 3301D which is 35mm only. I print mostly "kabine" size (12×16.5cm - 50 sheets for $18) - the box is on top of the enlarger head. I use an old darkbag for test strips in my pocket to save space.

I used the local $1 heavily: the trays were all $1 each. In addition, I bought yarn, clips and hooks for $1 each. The yarn is strung between two hooks on the wall and test strips & finished prints are hung up there to dry.

I use one black out curtain against the back wall. It was LPL and cost about $5. Turning the lights out in the hallway outside means no curtain on the back door is necessary.

The good thing about it doubling as my shower, is that clean up afterward is very easy - just hose it all down Setup/clean-up takes about 10 minutes.

I'd like to very much to thank the helpful folks on APUG for answering my (numerous) questions before and after setup - without your help this probably wouldn't have left the ground. Most people around me were skeptical that I could do it beforehand, and are still amazed now that it's up and working
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom.jpg  
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've taken a liking to using plastic graduated pipettes for measuring and dispensing chemicals. While they are disposable, I didn't want to toss them with chemicals on them, so I was rinsing them, and if I'm rinsing them anyways, I might as well use them again. I suspect they were intended to be disposable so as to be biologically sterile. I use them for putting a drop of photoflo into the final wash, dispensing parts A & B of PMK developer, cyanotype A & B, gel bleach for fuji instant color negatives, etc...

I built a stand for them out of scrap pine and schedule 40 conduit. I have some pipettes ready for new purposes, and others in labeled holes for their dedicated purposes. While they are theoretically clean, I don't want to cause any potential cross contamination, so I figure one pipette for each purpose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photo attached of my darkroom which is in the 'long' spare bedroom. It is a very narrow room, so it restricts its use -so I have managed to blag it as a darkroom/guest bedroom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAM_1075.JPG  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin