Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,442   Online: 935

Page 113 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1363103107108109110111112113114115116117118119123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1291

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecnichols View Post
    I took a couple of shots of my darkroom using Ektar 100.
    Mike, I think your darkroom looks the most similar to mine so far in this thread.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Mike, I think your darkroom looks the most similar to mine so far in this thread.
    Interesting. Mine is in my dugout basement. I have to keep myhead down so I don't hit the floor joists, plumbing, and light fixtures. I was really worried about dust, but I have not encountered very much. When I have more money, I hope to build an out building on my property for the darkroom.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecnichols View Post
    Interesting. Mine is in my dugout basement. I have to keep myhead down so I don't hit the floor joists, plumbing, and light fixtures. I was really worried about dust, but I have not encountered very much. When I have more money, I hope to build an out building on my property for the darkroom.

Mine is in a basement too, though the level is really only half subterranean. I do have lots of dust, as there is a lot of exposed dirt in there, but nothing unmanageable.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by www.paulalsop.com View Post
    With ceiling height like that you should get an 8x10 enlarger "just because you can!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Mine is in a basement too, though the level is really only half subterranean. I do have lots of dust, as there is a lot of exposed dirt in there, but nothing unmanageable.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with that. Coincidentally, the right side of my enlarger table is also my "work bench." I have to be careful with sawdust and I have a brush to clean the table and other things laying around. Since I've started using the enlarger, I've not needed to saw much, but I know the time with come.

Shooter
    35mm
    After seeing all those wonderfull darkrooms, I'm thinking how I'm going to build mine. When I get home from Mexico, I would like to build one in my house in Belgium. There is just one problem: I don't think there is a room avaible with running water or a sink, and I don't think it's going to be possible either to put one there (besides: my parents probably won't let me break out walls or stuff like that). I have been thinking in some possible solutions, and was thinking of a 'garafon' (that's how it's called in Spanish, just, a plastic water tank of 30 liters). Now, would this practicly seen be possible?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have running water in my darkroom. I use two 5 gallon buckets. One for fresh water. The other for waste.
    There is a sink in the laundry room near the darkroom. It's only about 20 feet.

I thought about running a water line but I decided it wasn't worth the cost.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just make sure your waste bucket is greater than the freshwater tank, and you check the waste level before starting work. Otherwise you can get a flood... 8-) I keep a small electric kettle for water heating when doing chemical mixing. In an ideal world I would have hot and cold service with full waste disposal, but it is not worth doing until it significantly reduces my productivity.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always empty the waste bucket as soon as I am done for the day and I refill the fresh water bucket when I begin the next day.

It's a little more work but I only have to carry water for about twenty feet, between the laundry room and the darkroom.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin