Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,426   Online: 947

Page 114 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1464104108109110111112113114115116117118119120124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1291

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple of pictures from my darkroom.

The dry side has two enlargers, one Focomat Ic and a Meopta Opemus 6 with Meograde head. The Meopta is my workhorse; a great enlarger for relatively little money. It does up to 40x50cm on the baseboard. Enlarging lenses are a 50mm EL-Nikkor for 35mm and a 80mm Schneider Componon for 6x6.

The wet side isn't that wet really. I don't have running water in the darkroom, and frankly never missed it as the bathroom is just opposite and I do all the washing there. The bench is custom made to fit the room and my requirements. It has four drawers on rails to dry prints. I really should have added a few more. The lower compartments contain all the paper, trays etc.

The darkroom is just one smallish room in my house. It even has a door to a small balcony which I use for ventilation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010684_v2.jpg   P1010682_v2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm moving soon to a new house. I will post some pictures of the new (larger & running water, yay!) darkroom when it's setup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will have updated pictures of my darkroom soon. It's gone through a ton of changes since my last rendition. Currently i am cleaning up my sink install, making room for some new stuff i'm getting, and covering some bare walls(framework with fiberglass insulation in it) with wood. I also plan to go to the container store later today and buy some cool stuff from there to further make my darkroom easily used.
    -Austin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never had the opportunity to work in the darkroom, but would like to set one up since I've started shooting 6x7 again. I want to be able to print up to 24"x30" and have found a Beseler 23c with several accessories (albeit no 6x7 neg carrier) for $120.00. If it's all in good condition, does that sound like a decent buy?

Thanks,

Jeff

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    jpreston, what series is your 23C? One of my enlargers is an old series II. I'm going through a total darkroom make over, and the project has stalled a little. I'm thinking of making a wooden sink and then fiber-glassing it, any body have an opinion?
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jpreston View Post
    I have never had the opportunity to work in the darkroom, but would like to set one up since I've started shooting 6x7 again. I want to be able to print up to 24"x30" and have found a Beseler 23c with several accessories (albeit no 6x7 neg carrier) for $120.00. If it's all in good condition, does that sound like a decent buy?

Thanks,

Jeff
    I would say 120 is fair if it's a 23cIII in mint condition with tons of accessories. I bought my 23cII, also in mint condition, with a saunders easel, el-nikkor 50mm f/2.8 lens, timer, safelight, etc. for $100. That said though, i have 5 enlargers, and that's the only one i paid for. It is in the best condition though. Keep your eyes open, i've been offered many 23cII's for free (i acctually prefer the 23cII over the 23cIII)
    -Austin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by puptent View Post
    I'm going through a total darkroom make over, and the project has stalled a little. I'm thinking of making a wooden sink and then fiber-glassing it, any body have an opinion?
    If you can't find a nice darkroom sink off cl or similar, then that is supposedly a good alternative. I've seen many how-to's online, it supposedly works pretty well. The nice part is that you get it to the dimensions you want, and you can really go crazy with customizing it.
    -Austin

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Austin, I've seen sinks that I could get for under $300 including shipping, but I have an odd shaped room, and some drain pipes to go around. I'll poke around and find some how to's. I paid $21 for my 23c II and gas to go get it, Best deal I ever made!
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by argentic View Post
    24 hours, thats a lot. My films completely dry within an hour and a half by just hanging them in the darkroom and closing the door.
    It's much more humid in Atlanta than where you live.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Luseboy View Post
    I would say 120 is fair if it's a 23cIII in mint condition with tons of accessories. I bought my 23cII, also in mint condition, with a saunders easel, el-nikkor 50mm f/2.8 lens, timer, safelight, etc. for $100. That said though, i have 5 enlargers, and that's the only one i paid for. It is in the best condition though. Keep your eyes open, i've been offered many 23cII's for free (i acctually prefer the 23cII over the 23cIII)
    -Austin
    The one I found is just a 23c. Probably very old. I haven't bought it, just wondering if it was a good buy. Sounds like I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin