Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,405   Online: 833

Page 115 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1565105109110111112113114115116117118119120121125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1291
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jpreston View Post
    The one I found is just a 23c. Probably very old. I haven't bought it, just wondering if it was a good buy. Sounds like I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

Jeff
    The nice thing about the 23c series enlargers, parts availability. They can be repaired and rebuilt, even modernized to the newer style parts with little trouble. I have two of them left to sell, one color one condenser head.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
    I have had an upgrade in the darkroom so here's a photo of the new Omega D2:
    Very nice. Good work. I think it's great to see new darkrooms. Always gives me the urge.

I noticed those vinyl gloves. If you have not tried nitrile gloves, pick up a box of 100 from Amazon. Much nicer.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright, I finally got some pictures of my darkroom. I was reminded how much i hate digital in taking these... haha

New Things is a long list, but what still needs to be done:
    Sink Plumbing,
    Permanent walls/paint
    Ceiling
    Ventilation
    Film Drying Cabinet

Other than that, this darkroom is very pleasant to work in. small, but it's not too bad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23c, jobo crop.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	313.6 KB 
ID:	34703

Name:	45mx, b22XL crop.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	321.0 KB 
ID:	34704

Name:	Chemicals crop.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	393.9 KB 
ID:	34705

Name:	Wet Area crop.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	34706
    Last edited by Luseboy; 05-08-2011 at 11:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My Darkroom is in the basement of the house my friends and I are renting, it occasionally floods after a rainstorm. The set up cost was about 50 USD. The light proofing comes from tinfoil on the windows, and the 'walls' of the darkroom are 3mil contractor plastic. The basement is super gross so after I hung the plastic I cleaned the floor with a vengeance.

[not pictured] is my ventilation. Its a box fan mounted on one end of a cardboard box, and a furnace filter mounted on the other end. It blows air into the room hopefully blowing dust out. It works pretty good, but in an ideal room I'd have an out vent over my work table.

Here is my work surface. Every once and a while it gets cleaned off/ a new plastic sheet. The shelf was about 10$ from home depot. Lots of stuff on the shelves not labeled like my glass stirring rods, calibrated 10ml pipets (a godsend! I hate drop counts) My hake brushs, vinyl gloves (I prefer nitrate but ran out) and some equipment storage below the table in a rubbermaid tub.

This is the reverse wall to my work table. This is where I keep (most) of the wet chemicals, as well at watercolor tubes for gum bichromate. Some other misc gear such as my plate drying rack and leveling table (for cooling/setting up of dry plates). You can also see some drying racks (thanks ikea) and a small pile of prints. Somehow my prints manage to infultrate every room of the house . Also there is my box of glass which i've been collecting from my friends at a frame shop. They throw out so much glass that can be resized to 4x5, 5x7,8x10 because they always have more than they'll ever need.

And finally my UV box and flat file. My last job was throwing it away after it got crushed by some gaterboard . Just needed to be reassembled with some screws and glue. The thing was stapled together!

The UV box averages 40 min cyanotypes and 12 min gum bichromate. Its still a work in process, the stupid tube socket's keep melting despite being rated for the amount of juice the tubes draw. Just been a near fire.. thats all.

Also, check out the lightproofing!

I hope this inspires some people to use less than ideal places for their darkroom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Finished my darkroom a few minutes ago. About to go inside, mix up some chemistry and test it out. This was done in the vanity area of my old bedroom at my parent's house.

A few before shots:

Drying screen:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And then the transformation occurred after several hours with a circular saw, drill, electric screwdriver, and paint. Not to mention some back pain from carrying it all up the stairs.

Entry way:

Entry way from the inside:

Enlarger:

Enlarger again:

Drying rack, power, squeegee + acrylic sheet, air-evac bottles. The washer lives under there too, I just hadn't put it in place yet when I took this.

Trays:

Exhaust system. Some vinyl for a shroud, a 4" personal fan, 3" dryer hose, lots of duct tape:

Tight fit. The gap between my tray table and the enlarger. ~14".

CB7 modification. I rewired the carriage movement circuit on account of it not working. Momentary switches control the up/down movement of the carriage now. The rest of the front panel controls remain as originally wired.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    crap....oh well, you can view it on Flickr, (why do I always get this step wrong?) ugh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ricus, thats a pretty legit set up. So clean and spacious!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricus.stormfire View Post
    crap....oh well, you can view it on Flickr, (why do I always get this step wrong?) ugh
    If you click the little drop down arrow to the far right of the little bar of options (where add to group/favorite/etc are located) you can get the BBCode for your images to just copy/paste into the forum.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin