Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,072   Online: 699

Page 116 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1666106110111112113114115116117118119120121122126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1291
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok lets try this again (Thanks Anthony):

The dry side by r.stormfire, on Flickr

Wet bench by r.stormfire, on Flickr

Darkroom by r.stormfire, on Flickr

Wash area by r.stormfire, on Flickr

Small sink area for chemical mixing. by r.stormfire, on Flickr
    Last edited by Ricus.stormfire; 05-17-2011 at 07:15 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added something

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricus.stormfire View Post
    Ok lets try this again (Thanks Anthony)
    No problem at all. I've been hand-jamming the code for years and only noticed about two days ago that they'd added the functionality to their site.

Shooter
    Pinhole

Ceiling fan

Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein View Post
    Well, the move is done and the room is up and running. Still needs some cleaning and re-arranging but I've produced work, both platnum and silver so "I'm finally after 5 months back in the silver business!" There is plenty of room for growth (Need an 8x10 enlarger) The room itself is 420 sq ft. Plus 200 sq ft production room (not shown) that is the entrance room. Because of the shutdown I have not had a chance to process so the room will get lots of use getting caught up. over 100 rolls of film and a couple boxes of 4x5 waiting to put the room through its paces. I am a very happy man! This room is a mixture of the very old and new.
    You have a ceiling fan. I'd never thought to put one in a darkroom. Do you have much trouble with dust?
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sgiesel View Post
    You have a ceiling fan. I'd never thought to put one in a darkroom. Do you have much trouble with dust?
    Steve
    I've got one. The fan doesn't create dust. If the darkroom is clean, the fan will be fine. I do only run mine on low speed - it's just to keep air circulating. In my last (much smaller) darkroom, I had a small oscillating fan.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Drolshagen View Post
    ... Obviously the most sophisticated part is the ventilation. It is sucking the air right above the trays, an idea discussed some time ago in one of the threads in this forum. It's very quiet thanks to the silencer built into the duct and the ventilator running in a silencing box. It is changing the air in the room ten times an hour if it is running at full speed. So it should be sufficient for working with selenium toner and other hazardous chemicals showing up in the future. ...

cheers

Ulrich
    Now that's what I'd call a "manly" air handling system.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    So here is the latest version of the darkroom. There have been a couple additions and I have a little trim left to do on the cabinets.

Let me know what you think...
    Beautiful! How long does it take the echo to return?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp View Post
    Ah! I thought at first it must have been one of those avant garde spherical sheds... Compared to my space, I would need a map and compass to find my way around! Of course, my darkroom is not part of my work day.
    Maybe it's a TARDIS, you know--bigger on the inside than the outside.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    I take it that your darkroom is so large, you need a bicycle to get around!
    More like a Segway with a trailer hitch and a Radio Flyer to haul his boxes of big paper around.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by alexhill View Post
    ...Do I get bonus points for running water AND built in toilet?
    That's an automatic A+ in my book.

Steve

Shooter
    Pinhole
    OK, I just remembered I had an older APUG account I haven't used. It has the same ID as my f295 and eBay accounts. So sgiesel directly above is me.

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin