Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,123   Online: 911

Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108112113114115116117118119120121122123124128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1291
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Hermitage

My darkroom so far...

Three Durst condenser enlargers make light work of switching between film formats. These are wired to an RH Designs' Analyser Pro and f-stop timer. The De Vere 504 (now with Ilford MG Head) is an unplanned recent addition.

With the benefit of hindsight, I would have done one or two things differently, but hey - not bad for a first attempt.

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wet Side (2).jpg   Dry Side (2).jpg  
    Last edited by Richard Lee; 08-29-2011 at 12:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lee View Post
    not bad for a first attempt.
    Indeed it's not bad. I am dreaming to work in one like this !

Bravo

++

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	safelight.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	38974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enlarger.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	38975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sink.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	38976

So this is my darkroom this summer so far. Started with Omega C700 on a small table timed with a Gralab 300, 2 milk crates and a plank of wood with a plastic garbage bag over it for my wet bench.

Upgraded to the Omega C760xl pictured in 3rd image, and added the Thomas Duplex in 1st image, and the 11x14 4 blade easel, as well as a gralab451 timer. Then upgraded to a 6ft pvc sink, which I now store paper in a large rubber made bin under. and finally I installed a LPL670dxl enlarger, which I cannibalized the baseboard from the omega c760xl, plus added a nice little sound system to the under the sink shelf with ipod dock and remote.

I was driven to build it after never having enough time after work, to print my own images, in the darkroom that I teach in. But was spoiled by all the equipment I use routinely, but now my setup at home trumps the one I work in lol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! Some great stuff here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some updated photos of my darkroom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Våtside.jpg   Vannpanel.jpg   Tørrside.jpg   Dunco.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    Some updated photos of my darkroom.
    Very nice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Alive View Post
    This is my new darkroom, and even though the area is exactly the same than always, I have introduced some improvements. First of all, I have put a wood sink that my brother Saver made for me. It is 1.75 m x 0.65 m x 0.20 m. It has a lot of special resin layers and it has been reinforced with fibber glass. Second, I bought the 12x16 Nova Washmaster-ECO Archival Print Washer and I put it on a metal support above the sink, just at the right hand. Notice that the water do not drain trough the sink, as the hoses go directly to the drain pipe. In third place, I have put a ventilation system. I used a vent that can move more than twenty times per hour the total volume of the darkroom (Just in case, this is the vent I bought: Soler & Palau TD-350/125 SILENT). The air is exhausted trough plastic pipes directly to the backyard. I also bought a 12x12 Doran Heavy Duty Darkroom Light Tight Louvers in Adorama, and I put it at the door.
    I keep the rest of the equipment: Meopta Opemus 6 printer, RH Designs Analyser Pro, etc.
    Now, I am able to print both RC and Fiber Paper. My Meopta can print as big as12x16, and I can put four trays inside the sink, so I can work with two fixer baths when I make 12x16 baryta base printers.
    I am annexing some pictures in order to show you how my new darkroom looks like. They are not very good, but you can see how the sink looks like, the dry side and the wet side, the washer support, the ventilation system, and what things are located just under the sink.
    Finally, I want to thank all of you that gave me ideas about how to ventilate my room when I asked for help to the forum, and mainly to my brother Saver, who made the wood sink and help me to put everything in its place.
    I have made it through this thread about three times, page for page, and this is still the one that really grabs me. I am thinking about actually reducing the area that I plan to use just to emulate this setup. Great job!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Henry Alive Darkroom - September 2011.

This is my actual darkroom. It is simple and small, and it is perfect for printing as big as 12x16 FB papers. However it is possible to print 16x20 if it is necessary.
    The enlarger is a Durst M805, condenser one, mounted directly to the wall and working with my Analyzer Pro from RH Designs. The wood sink (1.75 m x 0.65 m x 0.20 m) has a lot of special resin layers and it has been reinforced with fibber glass. I also have the 12x16 Nova Washmaster-ECO Archival Print Washer and I put it on a metal support above the sink, just at the right hand.
    The darkroom has a ventilation system. I used a vent that can move more than twenty times per hour the total volume of the darkroom (Just in case, this is the vent I bought: Soler & Palau TD-350/125 SILENT). The air is exhausted trough plastic pipes directly to the backyard. I also bought a 12x12 Doran Heavy Duty Darkroom Light Tight Louvers in Adorama, and I put it at the door.
    I hope this information could be helpful to people that have small rooms available to become darkrooms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2154.jpg   DSC_2155.jpg   DSC_2157.jpg   DSC_2156.jpg   Darkroom.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Help me design my darkroom!

Hello, APUGers. I'm a recent subscriber, but a long time photographer. Fifteen years as a full time professional, please check out my sites to see my work.

Can you help me design my darkroom?

I've been back to regularly shooting film for two years now, mostly medium format. I've been using a Diafine processing, scan and inkjet print workflow for all of this, but I am really getting the itch to work in silver again. Still have most of my darkroom stuff and I am looking to build my first proper space in my basement.

A bit of darkroom history for me: I've never had a real darkroom, just spare bedrooms and whatnot with windows blacked out. No sink. The lack of a real working space has kept me frustrated over the years, which is why I went to scanning.

I recently got this sink off CraigsList and built a base for it. Drains into a bucket. Decent for making contact sheets in its current setup, but the sink will hold four 16x20 trays and I'd like to make real finished prints. Under the sink will be one more shelf for trays and chemistry, high enough to fit large plastic storage boxes on the floor.

The table with the LPL enlarger is built by me, too. Drying racks go underneath (currently being reconfigured).

So as you can see from the photos, I have a great space in my basement that measures a whopping 16 feet square. There is a very natural space where a wall can go (bit tricky to build around existing ductwork, but shouldn't be too much trouble). Window on the left houses an A/C unit and is very easily blacked out, as is the door. A/C can provide lots of fresh air, and the wall behind the sink goes directly outside, so ventilation should be fairly easy to install.

The three overhead lights will be converted to pull chain fixtures for lights and safelights. I will add power wherever needed via the electrical panel in picture 3. Water lines can be tapped right above the sink, which is our master bathroom. Drain lines are also accessible for a sump pump. I'm very handy with plumbing, electrical and finish work.

I'd love to "crowd source" this and tap into all of the expertise at APUG. Is 16x16 too big? The space can be smaller, though building the wall would be more difficult. I also have a 20x24 dry mount press and would like to have a finishing area. My only concern was that perhaps that should be outside of the darkroom area, but if I can fit it in and the room is well ventilated, I hope that might not be too big of an issue.

Let me know your thoughts. All feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom-4.jpg   darkroom-2.jpg   darkroom-3.jpg   darkroom-1.jpg  
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Darkroom Automation

Forgot to mention that one of my goals is to get the timer and meter from Darkroom Automation.

After reading up on these, they look like a very simple, powerful and elegant solution. Pretty much have everything else I need, except for the computerized water control panel, archival print washer, compensating developing timer, 250 sheets of ADOX MCC, and the...
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin