Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,252   Online: 1123

Page 119 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1969109113114115116117118119120121122123124125129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1291
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Forgot to mention that one of my goals is to get the timer and meter from Darkroom Automation.

After reading up on these, they look like a very simple, powerful and elegant solution. Pretty much have everything else I need, except for the computerized water control panel, archival print washer, compensating developing timer, 250 sheets of ADOX MCC, and the...
    I suggest that you start a new thread for this as you are likely to get a lot of advice.

Please entitle it usefully, e.g. "Darkroom Design Advice" rather than "Please Help Me!!!" so that others can find the information in a future search.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well I gotta say this is the first time I've seen a Gardena hose reel in a darkroom The spray handle attachment would make cleanups a breeze though !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Darkroom Plan 1.0

I graphed this out in Photoshop (easy to do if you set the Grid to Gridlines every 1 inch, Subdivisions 2) and after measuring everything I have, this is what I came up with.

This layout gives me 3.5' to 4' pathways and plenty or room for everything I need and currently own. The enlarger table can float in the center of the room and leave space for an additional sink on the right hand wall. (I even added the Darkroom Automation logo to get myself motivated.)

The mounting table will probably be constructed out of MDF with a nice coat of sealer. A good friend has a router/table saw and will work for beer. He's Irish.

Except for the LPL and the sink, all of these things are currently scattered all over my basement, on various shelves or on junky folding tables that I've set on cinder blocks. It will be nice to get it into a place where it all works together.

Let me know what you think.

Parker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails design.jpg  
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just getting started ...

... in a 13' x 17' basement space.

*** QUESTIONS ***

o What inline fans do people like for ventilation?
    o What do people find are successful systems for water temp control?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC3461-1.jpg   _DSC3486-1.jpg   _DSC3490-1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Silly questions. This is a huge thread and there's more than enough information. I'm having a good read.

Ulrich's informative post addresses the vent question ...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/7...on-help-2.html

He has a killer exhaust system over his sink.

Helios Ventilation Systems (UK & Germany)
    http://www.heliosfans.co.uk/

Not having found such a great venting company in the US, I'm hoping Helios can deal with us here -- particularly in terms of the voltage differential versus over there.
    Last edited by swhiser; 10-31-2011 at 12:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Omega Man

Am I the last person on Earth building a darkroom?
    Pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeee! It's like The Omega Man around here.
    Last edited by swhiser; 10-31-2011 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: perfection

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nice Plumbing

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Well I finally got a scanner installed and acually figured out how to get something scanned. So here are some quick shots of the new darkroom (officially opened Apr 1). About 7 years late - we started on the new house then got a lot of attention taken by caring for ageing parents (now deceased) and taking care of my wife's brother while he was dying of cancer. So a planned 3-year project took 10 years to complete. Now with all that behind us, we are at least grateful to have our lives back and the darkroom - better late than never!

Bob
    Lopaka - Patience is a virtue. I must say that is one of the smoothest temp control arrays on this whole humongous thread! You deserve it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,

I use a simple ventilation system based on this:
    http://www.clasohlson.no/Product/Pro...x?id=164597409

The fan itself is installed outside of the darkroom to keep the noise down.

For water temperature control I use a Intellifaucet D250:
    http://www.hassmfg.com/search.pl/132...6?keyword=1092

It is very accurate, and I am very happy about it, but it is not super quick to compensate for variations in the water supply.

Trond

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by swhiser View Post
    Am I the last person on Earth building a darkroom?
    Pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeee! It's like The Omega Man around here.
    No, you're not the last. Maybe one of the last though

I'm another one, putting the final stages of my 4th darkroom together. My previous one is in this thread on page 54. I moved back to Michigan about a year ago so I'm building another one. It's been awhile in the making. I've been without for a year and I'm itching to get going again.

The Hass Intellifaucet is what I use for temp control. It works well for color processing with the Jobo. Ventilation is a work in process but I plan to use a ceiling exhaust fan to extract and a pair of Doran darkroom vents on the other end of the darkroom for intake.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by langedp View Post
    No, you're not the last. Maybe one of the last though

I'm another one, putting the final stages of my 4th darkroom together. My previous one is in this thread on page 54. I moved back to Michigan about a year ago so I'm building another one.
    Did you transport the Durst horizontal? How did that go?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin