Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,715   Online: 806

Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113117118119120121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1291

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, finished ...well for now.. there are always wishes.
    After 3 years with no darkroom i start developing again.
    Just could'nt let go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dokaportret.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	511.2 KB 
ID:	44017

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Henry,
    I'm in the planning stages of building my own darkroom and one of the things that I'm still figuring out is the ventilation from the wet side. I really like that exhaust system that you have there above the trays. Could you please give me some more information about how you made it and perhaps show me some pictures of where and how it hooks up to the Soler & Palau TD-350/125 ?

Thank you very much,
    A

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dambo29 View Post
    Hi Henry,
    I'm in the planning stages of building my own darkroom and one of the things that I'm still figuring out is the ventilation from the wet side. I really like that exhaust system that you have there above the trays. Could you please give me some more information about how you made it and perhaps show me some pictures of where and how it hooks up to the Soler & Palau TD-350/125 ?

Thank you very much,
    A
    Welcome to APUG!

You might find it helpful to "Private Message" (pm) Henry your question. Just click on his name beside his post, and choose that oprtion. That way he will be more likely to see your question (he may not check this thread).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Multipurpose Darkroom
    This is a very interesting thread, to which I have much to comment and more than I can write here. When I built my first darkroom, it was designed for developing and printing. However, over the years I have noticed how such a dedicated room can be designed for specific functions and my latest darkroom is nothing like my first.
    For example I like to think of it as a thinking room and because I can have total light exclusion it makes an ideal small studio, as although it isn’t big enough to photograph very large objects, it’s great for still life work. The fact that the room blacks out, gives almost total control of lighting and I can leave things set up for days, weeks if necessary. I have UV lights mounted in the ceiling and I had a division sink made with three compartments. The first two have a drain with pipes and valves, which allows me to return chemicals to their original containers. The third goes to drain. However, I felt I could make more of this design and so I built a slatted wood cover hinged and bolted at the wall side and covered with light proof material and drop down flaps. This means that when I drop it down it makes the first two chambers of the sink light tight. When I built this I thought I was just being OTT and would not use it much. However, I am surprised to say I have found this facility extremely useful. In short, the thought about designing equipment and its configuration for convenience of use is extremely important.
    I have always felt that design of small details within your working environment of great importance. If you are going to do something again and again and again and get good at it, then design of your working environment is extremely important. To give an example of this, my Durst enlarger is bolted to the wall at a height to suit me, as is the bench beneath, as is my Durst Labotim and Stop Clock, as is my De Vere. In short I would suggest that consideration of small design details within your darkroom/studio are of great importance. Have others considered how their initial design could be improved and can they give examples which may be of use to others?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I have always felt that design of small details within your working environment of great importance. If you are going to do something again and again and again and get good at it, then design of your working environment is extremely important. To give an example of this, my Durst enlarger is bolted to the wall at a height to suit me, as is the bench beneath, as is my Durst Labotim and Stop Clock, as is my De Vere. In short I would suggest that consideration of small design details within your darkroom/studio are of great importance. Have others considered how their initial design could be improved and can they give examples which may be of use to others?
    That's exactly why I started this thread seven years ago. It's the small details that make all the difference in a workspace. Since then I learned a great deal from all these different darkroom designs. But many contributors dont realise how important the small details are. And often the simplest solutions are the most ingenious ones. So details please ! Details !
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argentic View Post
    That's exactly why I started this thread seven years ago. It's the small details that make all the difference in a workspace. Since then I learned a great deal from all these different darkroom designs. But many contributors dont realise how important the small details are. And often the simplest solutions are the most ingenious ones. So details please ! Details !
    Well for instance, the ability to lightproof sink compartments means that I can coat material with light sensitive solutions and by putting down the wooden lightproof cover, they can then dry within an air space in total darkness.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Blog Entries
    Images

in a dark room

i just put some of my darkroom portraits into the darkroom portraits gallery.

but here they are.

i have to leitz/leica enlargers. one v35 and a focomat 2c. my darkroom "sink" is a industrial table that i have plastic on to protect from chemicals. i have the tools hung on the shelf above it.

oh, i also have an american flag hanging around...

Chris!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dark 001 072.jpg   dark 003 072.jpg   dark 005 072.jpg   dark 002 072.jpg   dark 007 072.jpg  

Chris Schuster
    Shutterclank!

Shooter
    35mm
    Agree with "Argentic" --- love the wet side of your place.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi George,
    I'm in the process of designing my new darkroom and I'm wondering what to do about the sink. I want a stainless steel one but all I find are terribly expensive. Did you buy yours or make it yourself? I'm considering making mine out of wood and just using an epoxy to water-proof it.

Your darkroom looks beautiful by the way!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dambo29 View Post
    Hi George,
    I'm in the process of designing my new darkroom and I'm wondering what to do about the sink. I want a stainless steel one but all I find are terribly expensive. Did you buy yours or make it yourself? I'm considering making mine out of wood and just using an epoxy to water-proof it.

Your darkroom looks beautiful by the way!
    You may be able to find a good used one on Craigslist. Picked up an 8ft for $100 a while back. Would cost more to make one IMHO.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin