Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,692   Online: 1022

Page 126 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2676116120121122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1291

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread is great. I'm working on building a small darkroom in our two car garage. We rent so I can't do anything too permanent. I need some kind of walls and water and power over to the side I'm building on. It's going to be a challenge but I think it will be worth it. I had a 4x5 enlarger with a bunch of accessories given to me last year and I'm getting the itch to use it. Thanks for the great pix and ideas in this thread. Oh yeah and any input or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Medium Format

It doesn't matter

The most important thing in your darkroom is the photographer. Edward Weston had a contact printing frame and a lightbulb. His images were made in his mind first then printed simply in the highest quality image possible. Just something to think about.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I can't remember if I have shared this update or not, so here it goes. We have so many posts it's hard to keep track, so if it's a rerun, apologies.

http://www.roberthall.com/Darkroom/index.html
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert, absolutely fantastic.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, great place, fantastic !

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That darkroom is balls out.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Robert -

You have a very fine work space here. One of the best thought out I've ever seen. Wow.

I want to make duck boards for my sinks too - what kind of wood is that, and how do you seal it? Do you flood the sink a little to keep the temp constant around your trays (then if you do, does the wood try to float)? Lastly, do you run workshops in your lab? With that many enlargers and that kind of space you sure could! Again, this is the finest lab I've seen here. Bravo!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalbrecht View Post
    This thread is great. I'm working on building a small darkroom in our two car garage. We rent so I can't do anything too permanent. I need some kind of walls and water and power over to the side I'm building on. It's going to be a challenge but I think it will be worth it. I had a 4x5 enlarger with a bunch of accessories given to me last year and I'm getting the itch to use it. Thanks for the great pix and ideas in this thread. Oh yeah and any input or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Perhaps have a look at the Nova darkrrom tent: http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/...room_Tent.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Enlarger Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by robbalbrecht View Post

With luck I've correctly attached a picture of my enlarger cabinet. I can use my enlarger in the garage and still keep it safe from dust and moisture. I run a dehumidifier when necessary and the cabinet is pretty well sealed.

Neal Wydra
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EnlargerCabinet.jpg  

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sealed garages actually aren't that bad humidity wise. Drywall really helps.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin