Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,530   Posts: 1,543,969   Online: 1117

Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117121122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1291

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. Neal, I like the cabinet idea. I hadn't thought about that before.

My original plan was to build some thin walls much like theater flats and wedge then in between the ceiling and floor. For now I may just try waiting until night time to print as it gets pretty darn dark in my garage.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have visited the "Darkroom Portraits" thread many times over the past few years when the reality of having my own dedicated darkroom was a long way off. This weekend I completed (I'll use that word loosely) work on a once bedroom that I can now call a functional darkroom. There's still things to do, an exhaust fan to install (the wireing is in place), some wall cabinetry, and I'll install a Hass water temperature regulator in time. The WWAD license plate was a X-mas gift from my wife that she had made for me locally after getting the idea from the APUG store.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom1.jpg   darkroom2.jpg   darkroom6.jpg   darkroom3.jpg   darkroom4.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    I have visited the "Darkroom Portraits" thread many times over the past few years when the reality of having my own dedicated darkroom was a long way off. This weekend I completed (I'll use that word loosely) work on a once bedroom that I can now call a functional darkroom.
    Nice work! What did you use for the table tops? Formica? And how did you join the lumber for the bases?
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chuck! Congrats! Has been a thrill and motivating to follow your progress in the Gallery this winter! Thanks so much for the update, it looks amazing, the ability to print in the day and pop those windows open to see and evaluate a print w daylight is such a wonderful attribute! Enjoy!
    Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Nice work! What did you use for the table tops? Formica? And how did you join the lumber for the bases?
    Thanks,
    I used a 4x8 sheet of formica purchased at Lowe's, laminated to 3/4 inch MDF board-- I used deck screws to screw all the lumber together.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks,
    I used a 4x8 sheet of formica purchased at Lowe's, laminated to 3/4 inch MDF board-- I used deck screws to screw all the lumber together.
    I built another sink base this weekend, which matches my other sink and enlarging table. It's put together with the Simpson strong tie connectors. These are really easy to work with; just call all your sticks and screw them together. May be a bit of overkill, but they are rock solid.

For the legs, I added screw inserts that create a thread for a 1/4" screw for leveling out the base. Also keeps the lumber an inch or so off the floor to avoid moisture problems, not that my basement is moist or anything.

My new XLG should be here this week and then I will no longer have any excuse for procrastination, although I'm sure I will think of one by then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1345.JPG   IMG_1347.jpg   IMG_1354.jpg   IMG_1355.jpg   IMG_1356.jpg  

IMG_1344.jpg  
    Atlanta, GA

Portrait Photography

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Good stuff Parker, you sure seem busy lately, moving out gear you no longer use...the XLG what you been making room for?
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Good stuff Parker, you sure seem busy lately, moving out gear you no longer use...the XLG what you been making room for?
    Yes, thank you, I have been very busy buying and selling a bunch of darkroom gear so I could afford the XLG and not have to pull a wad of cash out of my business (which my better half would have frowned upon, with good reason).

Still have a small pile of stuff and three enlargers to get rid of, but shouldn't be much of a problem. Looking forward to getting to work now! I've got years worth of images to print.
    Atlanta, GA

Portrait Photography

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    I built another sink base this weekend, which matches my other sink and enlarging table. It's put together with the Simpson strong tie connectors. These are really easy to work with; just call all your sticks and screw them together. May be a bit of overkill, but they are rock solid.

For the legs, I added screw inserts that create a thread for a 1/4" screw for leveling out the base. Also keeps the lumber an inch or so off the floor to avoid moisture problems, not that my basement is moist or anything.

My new XLG should be here this week and then I will no longer have any excuse for procrastination, although I'm sure I will think of one by then.
    Looks good------I have Simpson strong ties in all the hidden inside corners of both the dry-side table and the sink stand providing structural support. But deck screws provide the actual binding connections.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks good------I have Simpson strong ties in all the hidden inside corners of both the dry-side table and the sink stand providing structural support. But deck screws provide the actual binding connections.
    Do you have a second 2x4 running behind the front on the dry side, to connect the cross beam with the legs? It's nice and clean, just wondering how you made it all stick together.

After building three of these over the years, I think the connectors I used for the bottom would be more than adequate and save a few $$ to boot. Still have one more large work table to build, so all the lessons learned can go to work there.
    Atlanta, GA

Portrait Photography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin