Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,595   Online: 956

Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1291
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    I have visited the "Darkroom Portraits" thread many times over the past few years when the reality of having my own dedicated darkroom was a long way off. This weekend I completed (I'll use that word loosely) work on a once bedroom that I can now call a functional darkroom. There's still things to do, an exhaust fan to install (the wireing is in place), some wall cabinetry, and I'll install a Hass water temperature regulator in time. The WWAD license plate was a X-mas gift from my wife that she had made for me locally after getting the idea from the APUG store.
    Your darkroom looks great, bet your excited to have "it done". The Hass will be a nice addition, I had one in my old darkroom, very nice, set it and for get it. Congratulations!!!

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    Do you have a second 2x4 running behind the front on the dry side, to connect the cross beam with the legs? It's nice and clean, just wondering how you made it all stick together.

After building three of these over the years, I think the connectors I used for the bottom would be more than adequate and save a few $$ to boot. Still have one more large work table to build, so all the lessons learned can go to work there.
    yes, there's one 2x4 spanning the front on the inside, then, you see two center vertical 2x4s----the one on the left was the original , the one on the right was installed to accomodate the 4 ft. shelf below the enlarger. Then I filled in the spaces with two other 2x4s, those two were actually an after thought. If you go to the Darkroom Portraits Gallery I have some pictures in there of the dry-side frame. After that photo, I installed more front to back bracing on the top side and the bottom side, it clearly needed more before installing the plywood bottom and the MDF top.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6085932176_85a2ea9028_b.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	301.2 KB 
ID:	47107

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6085927354_f3c725cdef_b.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	47108

This darkroom is located in the basement of a student residential building and there are logbooks from the 60's in here, so it has a long history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavlrssn View Post
    This darkroom is located in the basement of a student residential building and there are logbooks from the 60's in here, so it has a long history.
    Some knave snuck a scanner into your darkroom!
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    gustavlrssn - Beautiful! Is that cedar wood? Must smell wonderful if so!
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some knave snuck a scanner into your darkroom!
    That was me I'm afraid . It looks kind of misplaced in there, but I have no where else to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    gustavlrssn - Beautiful! Is that cedar wood? Must smell wonderful if so!
    I believe it is regular pine, that has yellowed over the years. So no wonderful smell, but it really brings a special atmosphere to this room.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey gustavlrssn, looks nice and cozy.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It's put together with the Simpson strong tie connectors.
    Now those are brilliant! I picked up a massive dry mount press for a song a little while back, but have been dithering on how to build the equally massive print finishing workbench required to hold it. I think the dither has just ended...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Chuck! Congrats! Has been a thrill and motivating to follow your progress in the Gallery this winter! Thanks so much for the update, it looks amazing, the ability to print in the day and pop those windows open to see and evaluate a print w daylight is such a wonderful attribute! Enjoy!
    Somehow I missed your post here-----thanks very much, I'm quite proud of the window idea if I say so myself, it's going to work out wonderfully. I'm somewhat short of materials for printing, have some paper, been spending money getting this thing together, I look forward to doing some good printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Now those are brilliant! I picked up a massive dry mount press for a song a little while back, but have been dithering on how to build the equally massive print finishing workbench required to hold it. I think the dither has just ended...
    Here are some plans from their website. Very easy to modify for your specific project. Pay attention to where it says "Install top connector 1/2" below top of post" otherwise your boards will be a bit crooked.

My last project will be to build a 10' table for my press, matt cutter, paper trimmer and supplies.

Be sure to send pics when you finish.
    Attached Files
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin