Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,999   Online: 813

Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1291
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavlrssn View Post
    Attachment 47107

Attachment 47108

This darkroom is located in the basement of a student residential building and there are logbooks from the 60's in here, so it has a long history.
    This is nice, might have to rethink the wall finish in my next darkroom.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok it's not completely finished but it is functional.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	539488651.jpeg 
Views:	286 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	48278
    The window is blocked out right now but I'm building a ventilation system that will fit in it. Since it's only useable at night I'm going to build some light walls around the space too. It's a work in progress but at least I can print now and hey, it's got a Godzilla poster too.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I like your Poster, but I might suggest putting dark cloth on the walls you are close to as to avoid reflection off the walls from the enlarger light. It can cause a bit of fogging on the paper or a loss of local contrast in the image.

I'm adding an example...

http://www.roberthall.com/Darkroom/

See the first or 7th picture as an example of what I am talking about.

If you can't you will live without it, but I think that close to the corner you will see a difference.

Great start!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the tip, Robert. I'll give that a try.
    What kind of material would you suggest? Just something black? We have a pretty good fabric store here maybe I'll pay them a visit to see what they have.

Nice darkroom by the way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalbrecht View Post
    What kind of material would you suggest? Just something black?
    A great quickie solution is black poster board, available at your local drug store.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

room 521 (may it rest in peace)

My private darkroom from when i was a student...
    The room is no longer there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 521.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Any flat (non shiny) fabric will work, if you can get flat black poster board, that would work too, but get what ever is easiest to store and the cheapest.

Thanks for the kind words about the darkroom. Stop by for a little workshop sometime. I was just through your neck of the woods. Lovely place. I'll drop you an email next time Im out that way.

Thanks for the tip, Robert. I'll give that a try.
    What kind of material would you suggest? Just something black? We have a pretty good fabric store here maybe I'll pay them a visit to see what they have.

Nice darkroom by the way.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
    My private darkroom from when i was a student...
    The room is no longer there.
    Wow - that pano must have been alot of work to complete.....was a real exercise of my eyes. too bad it's gone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When i was there i was the only student actually using the private room as a darkroom for processing and not as another storage unit... So i guess its not that much of a shame.
    I remember taking a tour on that floor as a prospective student 2 years prior, and they had a mural printing room with a magnetized and vacuum wall for UL prints, an 8X10 enlarger on a dolly rail and all the gear... that was gone by the time i got there to make room for a new digital printing room...
    Who cares about all those rich kids anyways, let them shoot their holgas and be art students.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    At the fabric store, ask if they have "blackout cloth". I have a few yards of that which I purchased primarily for light-blocking, but it's black and matte and probably would work fairly well.

If you want/need total overkill at a matching price, then consider telescope flocking. Here's an example page for Protostar's flocking products, you can find others via web search.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin