Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,325   Online: 884

Page 13 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192363113 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I like your fashionable enlarger dust cover. I just use a plastic trash bag over mine.
    Must be the "woman's touch".
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker
    Is that "had" in the biblical sense? :o
    I choose that word carefully

One was my wife as well.... it was her card-making group having a demo! Nothing as exciting as implied

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, here it is- my Jerry Uelsmann-esque darkroom. I have 15 b&w enlargers and one lone color enlarger. My sink is pretty big and it's an island, so I can access the trays from both sides. I have my fancy print washer (aka a tube and a tray with holes). The angled block of wood w/ plastic is for squeeging my prints. And I also have one of those neat doors that spins to keep the light out. The color enlarger is in a seperate room, which is also where I load my film. Oh yeah, by the way, I also share this darkroom with about 100 other highschool students...
    -Grant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dr2.jpg   dr4.jpg   dr6.jpg   dr3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    Oh yeah, by the way, I also share this darkroom with about 100 other highschool students...
    -Grant
    That's excellent! That your high school made this much of a committment in the first place is great, but that they're still maintaining it in the face of the digital tsunami is even more impressive.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Grant

You should get together with the rest of your graduating students and give your photography teacher a gift, that darkroom looks exactly like the one I worked in at Fanshawe College in 1973, Wow I am really happy to see this one as all we here is doom and gloom regarding the teaching of analog photography and the pictures of that darkroom are blast from the past for me. Your teachers seem to know what they are doing, and you, Parsons School of Design.
    I have heard that my darkrooms at the college are dismanteled and have been replaced by computers and inkjet machines *very sad*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    Hi Grant

You should get together with the rest of your graduating students and give your photography teacher a gift, that darkroom looks exactly like the one I worked in at Fanshawe College in 1973, Wow I am really happy to see this one as all we here is doom and gloom regarding the teaching of analog photography and the pictures of that darkroom are blast from the past for me. Your teachers seem to know what they are doing, and you, Parsons School of Design.
    I have heard that my darkrooms at the college are dismanteled and have been replaced by computers and inkjet machines *very sad*
    We do have the best darkroom in the district. And most of that comes from the insistance of my teacher. Sure we are starting to integrate digital into everything, but he strongly feels that analog is a must for any photo student. In fact they don't even introduce you to digital until level 3, and with that they still shoot color slides and scan those. This is the first year that we are (actually only me) doing color work at the school though, which is very cool.
    -Grant

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

My Darkroom

This is my darkroom as it currently exists. I want to completely redo the wet side to include a larger sink and a permanent wet-print viewing area.

The cabinet the enlarger sits on was built for this room and the six top drawers (four to the left and two to the right of the enlarger) are all light safes that will accommodate up to 16X20 inch paper.

To the right of the sink is a home-built 20X24 print washer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00153.JPG   DSC00156.JPG   DSC00163.JPG   DSC00164.jpg   DSC00168.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm on my fifth darkroom. This time I had to build around the Omega-F. Well worth the extra effort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010004-2.jpg   P1010005-2.jpg   P1010008-2.jpg   P1010009-2.jpg   P1010011-2.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format

Once more into the breach

Well...we just moved into a new house and I'll be building a permanent darkroom...I'll post progress when I get started in a couple of months.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Actually, I'll post the rough plans now. We're going to build a 12' x 16' shed and it will be mine all mine! I've got the layout designed in my head but not on paper, and am looking forward to getting to work. The challenge in our country is the winter weather...so the insulation, heating, water supply, and sewer are taking a bit of thought. I use a silver recovery chamber, so my understanding is that there is no questionable effluent left. Depending on the difficulty tapping into our sewer line, I may end up with a separate graywater sump instead of making the sewer connection. But all in good time. For now, I need to get the order in so the materials will arrive before summer's over. Because one thing is for sure...I don't want to be building it in winter.

Troy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin