Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,493   Online: 980

Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 13171819202122232425262728293373123 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

New darkroom under costruction

Well retired and empty nesting it these days, we moved to a new house just under two years ago. Since then I have been without my own darkroom facilities... nor acess to one for the first time in nearly 40 years... can you spell F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-ON? Well, the front veranda and back deck had to be finished (cedar) after the "basic lawn and flower beds "were put down... then the 6-foot cedar fence around the back garden had to be constructed to keep 'He With 4 legs and Tail' some freedom.... within home territory. My part-time courses towards my BFA (hopefully sort of 'majoring' in non-silver work rather than painting, sculpture etc.) has been taking up quite a bit of cash left over from the pension.. but from here on in... it is completely free.

Behold... Santa came a few days early and dropped off some 2x4's and screws and while my hands have a few spruce skelfs and a couple of blisters, heart and enthusiasm are already "renewed".

This time around I have decided to have a small 7'x6' ante-room with a bench for my UV light box, print dring rack, and lockable dry chemical storage cupboard.

Ken

[IMG]newdarkroom.jpg[/IMG][IMG]ante-room.jpg[/IMG]
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Some pics of my current darkroom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20051230_IMG_0078.JPG   20051230_IMG_0081.JPG   20051230_IMG_0082.JPG   20051230_IMG_0079.JPG   20051230_IMG_0080.JPG  

Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Some more.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20051230_IMG_0085.JPG   20051230_IMG_0092.JPG   20051230_IMG_0093.JPG   20051230_IMG_0095.JPG   20051230_IMG_0096.JPG  

Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks very impressive Jerold.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format

My Darkroom with My New 4x5 Enlarger

I snapped these photos to show a friend, and then I came across this thread so I thought I would post them here. My darkroom is in the basement of our shop outbuilding, 11'x14'. I just set up my new (to me) Beseler 45MXT purchased with the adjustable table from a nice fellow on eBay who is going digital. To the left of the enlarger is a homemade UV exposure unit for platinum printing. (I still need to build a sturdy bench for it...right now it is sitting--waiting to be used--on a card table.) Left of that is our wine rack filled mostly with Syrah from our home vineyard. Off camera to the left are two freezers, and the chest freezer doubles as a work surface from time to time. (You can see the corner of it in photo #3.) In the second photo you can see my Beseler 23CII which my stepmother gave to me. That is what got me started on outfitting the darkroom a few years ago. The cabinet is left over from our kitchen remodel and the coutertop is an old door from the remodel. The air intake is left (top) of the black painted area and comes in from the ventilated unfinished basement. In the third photo, you can see that my sink is kind of small, so I have a print washer on a moveable office cart. Exhaust fan is over the sink and vents to the outdoors. I'm all ready for my next B&W course in the Spring semester!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DR1.jpg   DR2.jpg   DR3.jpg   DR4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find the idea of wine rack as darkroom fixture very appealing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto
    I find the idea of wine rack as darkroom fixture very appealing!
    I noticed that, too! I knew there was something I forgot in my darkroom!! Looks like a great setup Karen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

more Darkroom Pictures

I finally managed to take some images of my darkroom. This is my fourth darkroom, this time in my own house and built to last. It is a cement block construction, 5 x 3 m (15´ x 12´). Floor, walls and printing area have white ceramic tiles and there are 14 grounded electric outlets above the printing
    and developing areas. A full-sized fridge holds paper, chemicals and beer and the freezer holds chemicals, film and a liter of Grey Goose.
    The lights inside the fridge are red in case there is a beer emergency during
    printing.
    The stainless steel sink has three faucets, two connected to a pressurized tank to fill and clean trays, the third faucet comes from the IO Filter I use for my aquaria and delicate greenhouse plants.
    I just hope that in 2006 I´ll have the time to enjoy it.

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fridge.gif   Printing.gif   Darkroom.gif   Sink.gif  
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have not had a darkroom for months.
    I took the equipment and furniture down for a planned renovation and it has taken so long while I waited for new equipment and professionals to do their work.
    First I had to wait for an Albanian friend who is a jack-of-all-trades worker to fill in the window of the room, destroy an old water heater that was taking up room and paint the whole place. Then the plumber installed a new one ton water tank, filters and new drains. Then the electrician came to do more or less what I had done before with the electrical installations but supposedly better. Then I had to correct his mistakes, fix a bit the paint job, give up on the paint job because of the humidity and assemble the new furniture. After of course I fixed them a bit cause of a bit of miscalculation when I ordered them. Then I also made some shelves for the walls.
    And in between all that, they brought my new metallic custom sink which is a beauty.

A few minutes ago I took a seat in front of the reinstalled enlarger and 50x60cm masking frame and next to the RH Designs Analyser Pro and Jobo CPP-2.
    The feeling was... incredible.
    Like I just won the lottery or the heart of a gorgeous woman.
    It was the feeling of success and achievent, but more than that it was a moment of pure happiness, like the whole rotten world became good for a second, like all the madness dissapeared and everything fall into their right place.

I haven't taken a shot or printed a picture for months with this whole crazy affair of the goverment funding and waiting for equipment and trying to get the money and rebuilding the darkroom and everything. I was afraid I had lost it, that I wasn't be able to take another photograph even if I had so many thousand of euros of new equipment. I was scared shitless.

But now, I am content and relaxed and now that everything's gonna be all right baby!

Here's some shots of the place before the equipment and stuff. I'll show you some new ones and I have everything ready.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FromEntrance.jpg   FromBackWall.jpg   TheSink.jpg   EnlargerWall.jpg  
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin