Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,414   Online: 957

Page 26 of 130 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728293031323676126 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I finally got around to making some digi-snaps to email family, so it's about time I posted them here as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0070.JPG   DSCN0072.JPG   DSCN0073.JPG   DSCN0074.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice and roomy! I have space envy...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice set up!

Can you tell me what the light box diffusser is made of and where you picked it up in the GTA?

Todd in Orangeville

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Todd, and Kino.

The Light box is home made and the diffuser is just "opal" plastic sheeting. I got it from a local plastics company, of which there are many here in the Mississauga area. The trick with this stuff is to get the opaque kind and the right thickness, which is basically the thickest you can afford. It is sold by a lot of plastic companies because it is used in sign-making so much.

Tim R

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy
    I finally got around to making some digi-snaps to email family, so it's about time I posted them here as well.
    It looks very well organised.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

pmu

Shooter
    35mm
    Some of you have very nice darkrooms, but what about this one (my own darkroom that is) - the toilet darkroom in my one-bedroom apartment, aka "tha place 2 be". The enlarger on top of the washing machine, paperbox on top of the toilet seat and dodging cardboards on the floor next to the washing machine. And this magical setup combined with my apartments window placement -- all windows on the same wall = no draft / no ventilation!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PMU,

Hey, that's a great setup. From the looks of your gallery, it seems to work perfectly well for you! Very nice job on both.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PMU, that's a fine darkroom you have set up there. I am sure it smells better than mine. A word of advice: if you remove the toilet seat, be quick to close up the hole.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Keeping The Dark In

I am new to this forum but not new to photography. I have built several darkrooms for myself and former students. Each one presents challenges based on room size, available power, plumbing, etc. My newest darkroom is built in our single car garage (separate from our two-car garage). When shopping for a new home my wife and I made it a priority to find a plan that would allow us to build a darkroom without too much fuss or remodeling. I did all of the work myself from framing, electrical, plumbing, drywall, cabinetry, countertops, sinks, door installs, etc. I hired nothing out and did it all solo. I started in early July 2004 and finished in November of same year. It was more work than I anticipated but well worth it. The darkroom takes up about 1/2 of the 11' x 22' garage (about 130 sq. ft). Let me know what you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Built-in Light Table.JPG   Handbuilt Sink.JPG   Another sink view.JPG   Drying Screens.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice job!
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin