Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,118   Online: 841

Page 27 of 130 FirstFirst ... 17212223242526272829303132333777127 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

A few more views

Some of the more important stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails His & Hers.jpg   Print Editor.JPG   Safelighting.JPG   Temp Control.JPG   Two doors are better than one.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    aznative

Very nice. I don't think the waste basket would handle my output but everything else looks 1st class. One question: your sink looks to be of sheet wood and painted. What paint did you use?

Good luck with it,

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    aznative

Very nice. I don't think the waste basket would handle my output but everything else looks 1st class. One question: your sink looks to be of sheet wood and painted. What paint did you use?

Good luck with it,
    Hi Bruce, You are correct. I constructed the sink using 3/4" AC plywood with 3 coats of Rust-O-Leum garage floor epoxy purchased at Lowe's. I mixed just enough of the two part epoxy to do one complete coat at a time, allowing each coat to dry thoroughly. I used the same stuff to do my darkroom concrete floor which is where I got the idea. I am very happy with the end result and expect it to last a long time. I caulked all of the seems before apply the epoxy to ensure a water tight seal. It cleans up pretty good so far. I used half-round moulding to create the two duck board rails to hold the trays just above the sink surface. I built two sinks attached end to end. The main processing sink is 26" x 84" and the smaller wash sink is 26" x 36" for a total of 10 ft. in length. Both sinks are sloped enough for proper drainage. I have to still build a film drying cabinet which will occupy the space I left at the left end of the sink to handle 35mm x 36 exp. film as well as medium and large format films. I know what you mean about the wasted basket. A 55 gallon drum would have taken up too much space otherwise and the smaller of the two forces me to take out the trash more often.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are a few shots of my semi-permanent space. A small dark room which leads into a large garage/laundry area for washing,toning and drying. The old magnifax enlarger on the left is for flashing and the unit in the middle is a light source I created for contact priting digital negatives. It is a $10 100watt floodlight with an aluminium housing bent around it to direct the light (no lens). The bottom of the aluminium housing has a couple of lips which hold a diffuser made from draughting film and also multigrade filters. Exposure times using pictorico high gloss white film are between 20-30 seconds as opposed to 5 minutes through a normal enlarger when I first experimented with this technique.
    This room also doubles as CD storage area so fine music is always at hand. I kinda like moving from the dark space to the garage to wash and tone especially when using selenium where there is much more open space and fresh air. That's also where the beer fridge is located. The orange Agfa boxes may soon make this a truly historical photo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dry side.jpg   Wet side.jpg   Laundry.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Some great darkrooms here. Here is my first attempt at my own. Unfortunately I rent so cant make it too permanent, though the landlord was kind enough to let me do this in the basement storage area. I haul my water and chemicals up and down 3 flights of stairs, but it works. I cant wait to own a home to build a more permanent darkroom, running water and sink, etc. This thread has really given me some great ideas. I built all myself. My wet area is a recycled futon. Used almost every piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DarkroomA.jpg   darkroomb.jpg   Darkroomc.jpg   Darkroomd.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format

Photos my 4th darkroom (first in 20 years)

It is a corner basement darkroom about 6' by 11' with every inch starting to be filled up. It is small but very comfortable to work in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1913.jpg   DSCN1914.jpg   DSCN1925.jpg   DSCN1923.jpg   DSCN1923.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Portrait of Fred Holland Day by Alvin Langdon Coburn, 1900, platinum and gum bichromate, 11 3/4 x 4 1/4", RPS 3422 (Royal Photographic Society, Bath), from F. Holland Day, Suffering the Ideal, with an essay by James Crump, Santa Fe: Twin Palms, 1995.

Day and Coburn were distant cousins. I just picked up this volume at Powell's bookstore in Chicago and highly recommend it. I believe that Day had a portable darkroom tent, and I'm not sure if this is it, or if this was an indoor setup. The book includes reproductions of Day's prints originally made on silver gelatin POP, cyanotype, and platinum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FHDay--darkroom.jpg  
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

"Roxanne. You don't have to turn on that red light."

Here's my new-and-improved portable darktent for doing wetplate collodion:

With the front door open.

With the front door closed.

Outside view.

You can read more about it here if you wish.

Joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    My temporary darkroom utilizes a bathroom and a rolling cart with drawers.
    I purchased the cart through *bay, about $20 shipped. It's worth about that, as it can be ricketty and the material is thin. However, it works fine as long as I allow a few moments before each exposure for the enlarger to settle. I like having the drawers, they hold a lot of little odds and ends.

The enlarger is junk, especially for 6x6 but it works. I miss my wall-mounted D2.

When I wish to print, all I have to do is wheel it into the bathroom, screw in my LED safelight, trays with chems. in the tub and i'm good to go.
    I also wash the prints in the tub with a larger rubbermaid tub under the tub faucet. The washed prints hang by a clothesline with clothespins (plastic kind, highly recommended!) up near the shower curtain.

It's cramped but workable. Plus the enlarger cart isn't TOO sore on the eyes, my gf actually likes how it looks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0320.JPG   IMG_0325.JPG  
    Last edited by Phillip P. Dimor; 05-11-2006 at 10:12 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed the pics

Shooter
    Large Format
    Funny how I wasn't the only one showing off my box of Agfa paper.. *sigh*

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin