Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,412   Online: 917

Page 29 of 130 FirstFirst ... 19232425262728293031323334353979129 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Troy Good luck! Get it together and let us have a peek.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I finally got a scanner installed and acually figured out how to get something scanned. So here are some quick shots of the new darkroom (officially opened Apr 1). About 7 years late - we started on the new house then got a lot of attention taken by caring for ageing parents (now deceased) and taking care of my wife's brother while he was dying of cancer. So a planned 3-year project took 10 years to complete. Now with all that behind us, we are at least grateful to have our lives back and the darkroom - better late than never!

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dark1.jpg   dark2.jpg   dark3.jpg  
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

That's one wicked darkroom! Wow!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    Bob,

That's one wicked darkroom! Wow!
    Kate, you sound impressed.

The way I see it, the biggest difference between this and the person printing in the bathroom is convenience. I have seen some phenominal prints come out of very makeshift facilities. In the end, the most important tools are the vision and skill of the photographer. As I contemplate approaching geezerhood, convenience is a big plus for me. I hope I can live up to the promise of the facility.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

You're right. I just really appreciate a well set up darkroom. You've waited a very long time for your space and it's time you got to enjoy it! Have many happy hours in your space!

I print in a cooperative darkroom that I run and maintain (it's in a nonprofit artist run center). It's not exactly pristine but I spend many happy hours in it and that's what counts! I'll have to take a recent photo of it and post it. I'm the only one who keeps my own enlarger there. (I'm the one who probably uses the darkroom the most so that's fair)

All the Best
    Kate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am attempting to post a couple photos of the darkroom where I print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom 1.jpg   Darkroom 3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My enlarger is a Durst M601 and it's underneath the pillow case coverings in the far left corner. We also built lockers so members could store their paper and whatever else they like to print with.

BWKate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the lockers is a great idea. When I was going to a group darkroom after work in the winter - I had to haul everything into the office so it wouldn't be frozen.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some really nice setups here. You guys/gals are in a whole `nother class. I'm delighted just to have the corner of our unfinished basement.

This image was from a test roll of a then, newly acquired Pentax H3. I'm not in the habit of photographing the darkroom or scanning B&W negs, but here goes.

Don't laugh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crop0004.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris,

Very cool! As long as it works that's really all that matters!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin