Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,510   Online: 970

Page 30 of 130 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132333435364080 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino

Don't laugh.
    Nothing to laugh at here - looks very workable. Better set-up than some of my own basement corners I've worked in.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino
    Some really nice setups here. You guys/gals are in a whole `nother class. I'm delighted just to have the corner of our unfinished basement.

This image was from a test roll of a then, newly acquired Pentax H3. I'm not in the habit of photographing the darkroom or scanning B&W negs, but here goes.

Don't laugh.
    Hey Chris,

Looks like a very respectable workspace! As long as it is light-tight, I think you will find the same color dark in there as even the most expensive, custom darkrooms.

Onward and upward.

Congrats!
    Frank

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Being inspired by this thread I think I should show you my newly installed darkroom as it is nearly finished.
    It's an L-shaped room of 10m² in the basement of our home. The width of the wings - about 4m in length each - is 1.40m and 1.70m.
    Obviously the most sophisticated part is the ventilation. It is sucking the air right above the trays, an idea discussed some time ago in one of the threads in this forum. It's very quiet thanks to the silencer built into the duct and the ventilator running in a silencing box. It is changing the air in the room ten times an hour if it is running at full speed. So it should be sufficient for working with selenium toner and other hazardous chemicals showing up in the future.
    The tray table and the two large sinks I purchased for little money from professionals closing down their darkrooms.
    My enlarger is a Dunco II66 with Ilford VC module sufficient for 35mm and MF. I'd prefer to have an L1200 though :-).

cheers

Ulrich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture-0001.jpg   picture-0002.jpg   picture-0004.jpg   picture-0007.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice clean set-up Ulrich, I'm impressed by the ventillation system. I'm sure that you will enjoy using the room.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

So here is my set-up so far.

I just finished all of the painting today. Thank god. Next week, I will have the electrician come in to install some track lighting, electric sockets and some other things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroomin.jpg   darkroomout.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Looks great David, can't wait to see that expensive enlarger in there.

I'm glad you posted this, I'm going to have to show Jenn, so I can have my own space when we get a new house.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I'm out standing in the field :)

Here's a short-lived portable wetplate collodion darkbox I used last weekend in the field at Bill Schwab's northern Michigan APUG get-together. I like the basic design but abandoned this one to an upcoming campfire. I've begun working on the next which will be slightly smaller so it will fit in my cartop carrier. It will also have reversible legs and removable wheels to roll it through the woods, and a drop-tank for sensitizing large wetplates. This prototype was limited to full-plates.

The inside of this box was about 24" deep x 36" wide x 23" high. There was an acrylic sheet for a workspace tabletop inside and a sliding red acrylic window measuring 12" x18" for safelight illumination on the rear panel. The legs slip into slots on the side so the thing could be set up in less than 1 minute. The white material is curtain blackout, totally opaque and cheap but a bit too fragile for this application I'm afraid, so burn, baby, burn. I've acquired some lightweight nylon darkroom cloth from Porter's for the next one which I'm starting to build tonight.

Here I am at O'Neill Lake:

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Drolshagen
    [...]Obviously the most sophisticated part is the ventilation. It is sucking the air right above the trays, an idea discussed some time ago in one of the threads in this forum. It's very quiet thanks to the silencer built into the duct and the ventilator running in a silencing box. [...]

Ulrich,

I'm quite interested in the silencing aspects of your vent system. I presume the silencing box is just a simple, insulated box, right? Can you describe what the inline duct silencer is and/or provide a pointer to some information? I'd love to include maximum silencing in my vent system. The more ambient noise I can remove from my darkroom the better.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ulrich, is it a vent filter and a heat recovery unit? Looks like a great place to work.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or is the fan motor in the box?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin