Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,392   Online: 1016

Page 32 of 130 FirstFirst ... 22262728293031323334353637384282 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Dave As for lots of people I'm sure having my own permanent space seemed like a dream for long time....really worth it in the end, though (except it's too easy to walk away and forget about clearing up . )
    Cate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good to me Cate. I see you used the same B&Q kitchen doors that I used in my darkroom! (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/10966-darkroom-portraits-post89622.html)

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good aren't they? - I was thinking I might get more, I see you have a few - did you get the drawers? (but there again the space is nice - what to do.....). Have to confess my darkroom looks a good deal better than our kitchen (that's next :o )
    Cate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Good aren't they? - I was thinking I might get more, I see you have a few - did you get the drawers? (but there again the space is nice - what to do.....). Have to confess my darkroom looks a good deal better than our kitchen (that's next :o )
    Cate
    I have an aversion to dusting so I put everything in cupboards... Where I live anything left in the open accumulates 1/2 an inch of dust in about 12 hours - or so it seems...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mark Pope's darkroom

At long last, I've gotten around to taking some up to date pics of my darkroom . It's rather 'compact and bijou', but it does the job.
    Now that the weather has cooled a little, I can get in there and develop some films tomorrow.

Cheers
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pope
    At long last, I've gotten around to taking some up to date pics of my darkroom . It's rather 'compact and bijou', but it does the job.
    Now that the weather has cooled a little, I can get in there and develop some films tomorrow.

Cheers
    Looks very well thought out Mark.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well...my wife was heading downstairs to download a month's worth of digital images...and I suggested we run out and take a few of the darkroom so I could finally post them here. After pointing out that I never took any thought for what SHE was trying to accomplish, and only ever thought of myself, she agreed to humor me. So, without any further ado, here it is. Such as it is...obviously still working on it...

For painfully extensive background on some of what you're seeing, mosey over to the darkroom construction thread...or ask questions and I'll be glad to bore you to tears along with any other suck...errrrrmmmm...I mean...readers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails outside.jpg   wet side overall.jpg   dry side overall.jpg   copystand and heater.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's huge. Almost half the size of my old terrace house in the UK. What could you possibly do with all that space? 8-)
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Troy that is one heck of a darkroom. I am glad you were able to post the images because I have been following your threads regarding the construction and have enjoyed them immensely. There are not many in my neck of the woods (Alberta) that have to build an outbuilding to get started withthe darkroom. Levelling the building must have been a chore just to start with.

Thanks again for posting the images.
    Regards
    Gord

Shooter
    Medium Format
    grahamp and gordrob,

It IS huge, isn't it? The reason is fairly simple...my wife wanted the studio end of things to be done out there as well so I didn't take over the living room...problem being that when I set up I stay set up for weeks, which doesn't go over well with her...

I'm still getting organized inside, but I've been doing a lot of printing lately. It is very fun to be making headway at long last on the backlog of negatives that had accumulated during the imaginary darkroom phase. I have all my cameras and photo gear of all sorts out there, as well as a lifetimes worth of unorganized negatives. I shouldn't have any trouble keeping busy.

The inside corner I didn't show is still full of construction tools, excess insulation, etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin