Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,513   Online: 790

Page 34 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24282930313233343536373839404484 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

It's not small it's cozy

Here's mine.
    We have a half bath downstairs that I can quickly convert into a cute little darkroom when needed. So far it's been great. My favorite part is the sponge painting somebody did. Kinda looks like they stenciled poop all over the walls. My wife and I got a kick out of it but now it's been painted over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom_01.jpg   Darkroom_02.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Half bath, brings back memories... It looks pretty familiar, but I like the layout better than the one I worked in before we moved. Two questions.

1) How is the ventilation? I had problems with ventilation in the one I worked in because the door was totally NOT lightproof and I had to arrange a blackout cloth darken it. After doing that, there was no way for air to come in and replace the air that was being removed, so the ventilation was, after a while, effectively nonexistent. My eyes don't like fixer fumes, so that was an issue for me. If it hadn't been a rental, I would have made some revisions to ensure that I solved that problem.

2) Where do you put the enlarger? Or are you a contact printer? It looks like you would need to put the enlarger over the toilet, as the rest of the space is spoken for.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Since I only have time to print at night I don't have problems with stray light or at least I haven't seen any fogging problems. Ventilation is solved by me going in and out a lot. The paper always gets put back in the box and it's dark enough outside the bathroom that I don't worry about anything else.

I'm only doing contact printing right now (an enlarger may be in my future) so this set up is perfect. If I had to I guess I could put an enlarger on the toilet seat. I figured that I should keep it simple and get some practice in before making things more complicated. Actually this is advice I've seen a lot around here so I figured these people know what they're talking about. Turns out they do.

I should also mention that I do all my film processing with a Harrison tent and Jobo drums. The bathroom is for printing only.

I'm going to make some prints as soon as I post this. I shot some 6.5x9 sheets of Efke 25 this week and wanted to see the prints. The negs look good so I'm just itching to make prints!

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you can find the pictures of my dark/bathroom way up there, you can see my rolling typewriter-table arrangement for the enlarger over the toilet. Since you're in Princeton, you can even come by and take a look at it, if you're in Manhattan (when I get back into town).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here is mine.
    http://payral.club.fr/laboratoire/laboratoire.html
    It's build in a corridor in my apartment. I can enlarge silver print and contact pd/pt prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by payral
    Here is mine.
    http://payral.club.fr/laboratoire/laboratoire.html
    It's build in a corridor in my apartment. I can enlarge silver print and contact pd/pt prints.
    Very nice, Philippe!

From now on, I'm calling my darkroom: "mon laboratoire".

Cheers,
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

At last it is done! Well, useable anyway...

I've been working on my new darkroom since we moved here over a year ago, and just processed the first films in it this morning. At nearly 300 square feet it's huge compared to the closet I had before. I built the sink out of 3/4 inch marine plywood and finished it with 5 coats of garage floor paint. The ventilation above the backsplash is a section of square vinyl raingutter downspout. I cut slots in it and plumbed it through the back wall to a fan. It exhausts outside through a dryer vent. The vent tube is attached to the wall, not the sink, so if I need to move the sink for something I need only disconnect the drain. The sink measures 8 feet by 2.5 feet. The enlarger table measures 3 feet by 6.5 feet. The enlager table and sink stand are actually reloading bench legs from Cabela's to which I added 2x4's and 3/4 inch plywood. I still need to build a rack to hold my drying screens, but that won't be difficult. I'm quite excited to get back to printing!

Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8130030.JPG   P8130032.JPG   P8130033.JPG   P8130034.JPG  

Is that a digital thermometer above the sink? What brand. Calumet used to sell one and I never bought it. Now they don't have it anymore.

--Jeffrey
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg
    Is that a digital thermometer above the sink? What brand. Calumet used to sell one and I never bought it. Now they don't have it anymore.

--Jeffrey
    Well...hey you! Nice to see you back! I thought you might have gone over to the dark side...but, at least to some extent...you didn't! As the Ausies say: " Good on ya!"
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg

--Jeffrey
    It's a "PROTEMP," made by Dunwright & Vogel and I absolutely love it. I'm not sure where you would get one these days.

Bruce

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin