Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,424   Online: 801

Page 35 of 130 FirstFirst ... 25293031323334353637383940414585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    Well...hey you! Nice to see you back! I thought you might have gone over to the dark side...but, at least to some extent...you didn't! As the Ausies say: " Good on ya!"
    Wow, didn't know I was recognized as missing. I have been lurking....Still taking a lot of photos, just been busy at work.

(I take photo's on the dark side, but just "snaps". Heirloom photos--B&W analog to stay!).

--Jeffrey
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm so envious of the general "stuff" in these rooms, I'd kill to even be in a store that had half of the stuff in this topic. I've got a stainless-steel film tank, a dark bag and a bulk film roller. Gotta start somewhere, I guess.
    But I must admit I lurk through the pages of this topic like a photographic-stalker or something, amazing.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath
    I'm so envious of the general "stuff" in these rooms, I'd kill to even be in a store that had half of the stuff in this topic. I've got a stainless-steel film tank, a dark bag and a bulk film roller. Gotta start somewhere, I guess.
    But I must admit I lurk through the pages of this topic like a photographic-stalker or something, amazing.
    That's what I started out with - minus the dark bag. After the third time of taking "Basic Photography" at the local community college just so I could have access to their darkroom I decided it was time to have my own. Probably due to pure selfishness - I just didn't want to share anymore. That and the horrors of trying to actually accomplish something with abused equipment, contaminated chemistry and "Get your elbow out of my ribs please." My first one was a tiny bathroom, in fact I believe it still appears somewhere early in this thread. Now I finally have the one I always wanted and the challenge is finding enough time to spend in there. ;-) As you said - You gotta start somewhere, and anything worthwhile is rarely easy. Keep at it and you'll get there.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath
    I'm so envious of the general "stuff" in these rooms, I'd kill to even be in a store that had half of the stuff in this topic. <snip>
    So would I these days! Only place I've been in the last couple of years with this kind of stuff at all is MrCad's and that is all used gear. Silverprint sell new stuff but they have the unhappy habit of closing at the weekends...

Almost all my darkroom was bought from online dealers or via the auction site (except my sink from the aforementioned MrCad, and the cabinets from the local DIY store).

Have fun, Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As many you already know, we lost our home and my darkroom in the storm and are now living with family. My parents home to be exact. Almost all of the equipment you see here was donated to me by members from the Apug and Photo.net forum, with out them I could not have continued to work.

I have two enlargers, was printing 4x5 today so thats why the D2 is in there, I also have a donated Leitz enlarger, from John Doane over on Photo.net. I could not believe such generostity when he sent it to me!

On the advice of another member, AGnome, I bought a craftsman tool cart to roll into my the bathroom, it also holds all the darkroom stuff when not in use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NOR_0002.jpg   NOR_0001.jpg   NOR_0005.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oh the photos are, in order:

Dryside
    Wetside
    Printwasher

Sam

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Glad to see youre up and running again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sam,

Your darkroom is great! It looks like it does the trick and you're able to keep going on your incredible work. People are so amazing, aren't they? You've seen both sides of good and bad. It's been quite the year for you and your family and I'm glad to see you being able to keep up your work. I will never forget you or your photos. You have put a human face on Katrina and because of your images whenever I hear anything about Katrina I think of you and your family. I feel privileged to have been able to witness what you have shown.
    I have shown your images to my family and friends and they have been equally moved by your experience. Thank you for sharing.

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Sportera
    Oh the photos are, in order:

Dryside
    Wetside
    Printwasher

Sam
    Very good photos, Sam. Sorry about the subject matter. Your site was very well done and highlighted your point of view very well.

White camera and film did you use for the photos of Katrina? You mentioned that you were developing 4x5. Where those taken in a smaller format?

This page, Contact, doesn't load anything. Not sure if you knew that?

http://www.samuelportera.com/form.php
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jeffrey, I was aware of the contact page but my web developer lost his home too! I don't know how to fix it. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

I shoot with a Tachihara 4x5 and a Leica M6 mostly. I do on occasion use other cameras but these work well for me so I stick with what works.

Kate, I was touched by your comments, and thank you for spreading the word.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin