Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,270   Online: 1161

Page 43 of 130 FirstFirst ... 33373839404142434445464748495393 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jerold, although I'm 46, you'll no doubt be surprised to learn that I'm you're long lost son, and I'm moving in with you!

Murray

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting, that is a very classy and efficient set up.

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Updated Photos #4

more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20070127_0213.jpg   20070127_0214.jpg   20070127_0216.jpg   20070127_0217.jpg   20070127_0219.jpg  

20070127_0220.jpg   20070127_0221.jpg   20070127_0222.jpg   20070127_0223.jpg   20070127_0224.jpg  

Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Updated Photos #5

Done
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20070127_0225.jpg   20070127_0226.jpg   20070127_0227.jpg   20070127_0228.jpg   20070127_0229.jpg  

Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice set-up, as are the print displays. Do you also hang some of your prints in your office?

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Very nice set-up, as are the print displays. Do you also hang some of your prints in your office?

Bob
    Thanks, Bob. Yes, I have alot more wall space in my office so I have 50-60 prints there. Most of them are color but I am strictly B&W now.

Murray, my daughter says no.

Jamie
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jerold, I think that if I were your patient my therapy would consist of sitting in front of your prints for a while and then moving to the next wall of them. They seem to be serene (though it's hard to view them with the oblique angle and the reflective glass of the frames) and encouraging. Then I'd pay you your fee and leave refreshed and energized. Now that's a helluva good gig if there ever were one!! Tell you what....I'll record a mix of cello repertoire...mostly Bach's solo suites I think....that you could play for your patients to augment their visual therapy (or mine for that matter) and you could send me a small slice of your fee.... What a country!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are some pictures of my current darkroom. After looking at the other darkrooms posted in this thread, I recognize some arrangements that I had previously used. My current darkroom is somewhere between a converted basement and a purpose-built darkroom. I still have to share the space with a workshop and a storage area.

I never used a big darkroom sink (in which the trays would fit) and the Jobo instructions indicate it is not supposed to sit in a sink (though I see many people putting the Jobo in a sink). I just use a countertop and have used a setup similar to this in my first darkroom that I built in 1973.

Another thing that is conspicuously absent is a water panel control unit. This is a B&W-only darkroom, and the Jobo units do all the tempering. A simple thermometer-spicket works fine. (Some day I may add a water control panel, but it is low on the list of needed things)

The Enlarger area contains two Omega D5500 enlargers. I wound up getting one enlarger, then bought enough spare parts to make another. Rather than letting the spare parts sit around I put together a second enlarger. (Of course then I needed to get more spare parts to keep two enlargers running).
    Last edited by ic-racer; 07-16-2008 at 12:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the imprecation against siting the Jobo in a sink is because most sinks slope and the Jobo wants to be level. It is a fairly simple matter to make a level base using a duck-board arrangement in a sloping sink. My sink is level so it's not a problem for me. A bigger problem is that I'm hopelessly messy and a flat wet-side bench would result in more liquid on the floor than in the trays ...

I like the way you have used lots of cabinet space: things just get covered in dust on shelves. I do wish I could find those deep plastic laundry sinks in the UK - they look ideal for cleaning trays etc...

Very clean lines you have there. Only suggestion I can think of is that you might want to consider some soft industrial rubber matting on that hard concrete floor.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jerold, although I'm 46, you'll no doubt be surprised to learn that I'm you're long lost son, and I'm moving in with you!
    Get in line buddy, Im the long lost son and Im older at 55!

And really Jerold, can I call you Jerold?, how can you put such a fantastic set of pictures of photographs that should be in Home and Garden or some other magazine like Architectural Digest up on this forum, or maybe they already have been, and expect us to believe that you did all of the work alone? I bet you have a dozen assistants doing just the mat cutting and framing! And how perfect they are framed and matted. I am looking at my wall with four of my older photographs and after seeing your "little" display I think I had better get busy.

P.S. I am still recovering from the pictures of your darkroom and now this, what's a man to do?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin