Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,639   Online: 958

Page 48 of 130 FirstFirst ... 38424344454647484950515253545898 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good luck with the project, Dan. Remember that these kind of projects always seem to end up taking longer and costing more than you expect, but don't let it discourage you. The day you make the first print in that room will be like Christmas!

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm posting a shot of my "darkroom" for entertainment purposes only. As you can see, I have my enlarger in my home office, where I work. In fact, there you can see my work in progress. You can see that I am avoiding that work by reading APUG. I keep my paper and some other supplies in the bottom file drawer there. When I want to print, I close the other window and put the trays out on the floor behind my chair. It works, sort of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    moopheus, That's luxury compared to my set up. Although the floor for my trays is the same. My darkroom, is not really a dark room at all in the truest sense. I'm down in my unfinished basement and am in an area away from windows. I only print at night so do not use black out material. I use my walkin bathroom in my bedroom to load film in to holders and tanks. At any rate, I share this space with a large reloading bench and a couple of gun safes that act as light baffles as I shoot a lot as another money pit hobby of mine . My enlarger sits on an old TV stand/cabinet and there is powder, shells and cleaning supplies in side the shelves and doors of this cabinet. The floor temporarily houses my trays and I sit crossed legged when running paper through the trays. The bad prins end up in a plastic trash bag, and I run the good ones upstairs in a tray where my second fix bath is, and then I wash the prints on a board and leave to soak in a holding tray. After about 6 or so prints are done, I then dump all water and circulate the prints a few times. Then I refill the tray and add some Hypo Clear for 3 minutes. Then repeat the wash cycles again. I then dump the second fix bath into a container and save that for use as my first fixer bath for the next printing session. I wash a tray and selenium tone all of the prints in one sitting. Wash again, let sit and exchange water about 5 or 6 times and then squeegee and dry on screens back down in my basement. Kind of a drawn our process, but I can make it work. Sooner or later I will finish the basement and have some running water available to use that will allow me to be more affective time wise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I try to have only one money-pit hobby at a time. Though photography is so far a tiny, shallow money-ditch compared to publishing a literary magazine, my previous hobby. I also print mainly at night, as I haven't quite got the light seals around the window as tight as they should be, since letting in air occasionally is also good. When I have some free time during the day, I wander around town taking more pictures. Right now I'm mainly using RC paper to simplify the washing/drying, but I'll probably try my hand at FB some time down the road.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My darkroom photos, I will add some turbo fans in the next two weeks and ideas on brands etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom1.jpg   darkroom3.jpg   darkroom2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    gosh, what a nice setup you've got, jimmy! (and clean, too!)

moopheus: don't despair! i am sure those stacks of lit. mags. in your garage were printed on nice paper which can be conveniently ripped out (binding permitting) and emulsioned over by hand to bridge the gap between your old and new hobby...
    www.foto-r3.com
    film + chemistry + paper
    Spain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Anyone have new darkroom photos? Been awhile.......
    I bought a new a few months ago and am planning to start my build by the spring. Hoping to post photos here as the work progresses. Ive been going back thru this amazing thread for ideas. Dont think mine will be as intricate as some, but will have running water, ventilation and other necessities....
    ...maybe I wont wait till spring!

Shooter
    35mm
    Pes: Don't worry, my photos about my darkroom is coming soon... If only I was not so shy about my poor room and so envying the others (especially Jimmy's darkroom) 8-)

See ya!!!
    Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have plenty of space, but limted cash. My darkroom has been slowly evolving for about a year and a half now, the Durst M670 (colour head) and 80mm Nikkor are the latest additions. I just resurected the old F60 - it's good to have a diffuser and condenser enlarger. Opposite the enlarges out of shot is a Jobo CPE2 and 8x10 developing trays.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom.jpg  
    "Well, my name's Jim. But, most people call me . . . Jim"

Shooter
    35mm
    As I said before, here are the pictures of my modest darkroom. It's only a beginning. Now I'm trying to find a way to put a fan on the window that will not made light leaks inside the room and also that will keep the room hot enough in our Canadian winters.

See ya!!!
    Jeff.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, it's not my main language. French is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0650.jpg   100_0651.jpg   100_0652.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin