Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,715   Online: 829

Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ... 404445464748495051525354555660100 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm 36-years-old. I'm still using the same darkroom I build with my father many, many years ago. It's in the attic of his garage. It gives me an excuse to see the old man at least once a week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom1.jpg   darkroom2.jpg   darkroom3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really like the multi-channel safelight in the upper right hand corner of photo1
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd love to have such an excellent space to work. I have a 12'x12' darkroom in my new place, but I rent and can't do anything permanent. Also, I couldn't even build a sink stand correctly after 3 attempts... I'm no carpenter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well.. my monster enlarger project is dead. Between the device needing 3phase power and a team of engineers to re-wire plus rusting like mad I decided to reclaim the space. All that remains is the frame and I have built 2 large shelves into it. Sad to see the beast die, but the extra shelving is much needed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newpic.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Well.. my monster enlarger project is dead. Between the device needing 3phase power and a team of engineers to re-wire plus rusting like mad I decided to reclaim the space. All that remains is the frame and I have built 2 large shelves into it. Sad to see the beast die, but the extra shelving is much needed
    What enlarger was it you had?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I'm 36-years-old. I'm still using the same darkroom I build with my father many, many years ago. It's in the attic of his garage. It gives me an excuse to see the old man at least once a week.
    I'm 62, and I have a table in my darkroom that I built, with help from my dad, when I was in Junior High School (about 50 years ago). It started out as a place for my ham radio gear, and later my dad modified it so my mom could use it as a sewing table. When my mom died, I brought it home and kept it in a corner of the basement until we built a new home and I designed a new darkroom. It was the perfect size to serve as a work/print finishing table, so I dusted it off and replaced the top to recycle it to its very functional new application.

So not only was I able to recycle an old piece of furniture for a new use, I was also able to retrieve something from my childhood that makes it possible for me to reconnect with my dad who died almost 30 years ago.
    Louie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto View Post
    So not only was I able to recycle an old piece of furniture for a new use, I was also able to retrieve something from my childhood that makes it possible for me to reconnect with my dad who died almost 30 years ago.
    Well, not in my darkroom (so a bit off topic), but I am right now sitting at a desk that my dad put together 50 years ago. It looked homemade then, and now has 50 years of wear on it. I wouldn't part with it for anything and hope after me it goes to one of his grandchildren.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    What enlarger was it you had?
    It was a 'Little John' pulse xenon. I got it for pennies on the dollar from a company that worked in aerial photography. It could take negs larger than 11x14. The frame is so heavy there is no way for me to move it so i left it and built the shelves around it. Not sure what I'll do if we ever move house! It was one of those 'seemed like a good idea at the time' purchases :o

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remember that from the feature in B+W mag-it was a brute for sure!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto View Post
    That's cool. My mother died a couple of years ago and my father has made rumblings about moving to a smaller house. He's almost 70. I grew up there, but I'd miss my darkroom most of all. I can barely even force my self to think about it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin