Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 783

Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2424647484950515253545556575862102 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hey, what do you guys think of the floor? My wife did that! pretty cool, eh?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Man, I've got to move someplace where real estate isn't so expensive. Fantastic, Robert.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks, David. I remember my flat back east was just more than half size of this, and a bit more expensive. That was '81.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

My darkroom in Texas

My darkroom is in the center of a new house my wife and I built in rural Texas in 2002. The room measures 12 Ĺ feet by 9 feet, with an 8 foot sink and an 8 foot countertop on the dry side. Iíve got an adjacent closet for the storage of negatives, prints and cameras.

The enlarger is a wall mounted LPL 4550 XL with the color module in place. Iíve got the VCCE module, but found I prefer printing VC with the dichroic color head.

Iím set up to print FB and RC black and white in print sizes up to 16x20, from negatives from 35mm through 4x5.

Iíve got Zone VI print washers in 11x14 and 16x20, and an Intellifaucet D250 to control water temp. Prints are dried on screens which fit in slots beneath the counter.

Assuming I start shooting 4x5 this year, Iíll be processing TMX in BTZS tubes. My main film in 35mm and medium format has been XP2 for many years and, although I have access to perfectly good 35mm C41 processing at the local grocery store, Iím nowhere near a lab that will do 120 C41, so I may well go back to using a conventional film in 120 format.

All in all, itís a great room to work in, and Iím grateful to have it!

Thanks for looking,

Gary,
    East Snook, TX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom-4.jpg   Darkroom-5.jpg   Darkroom-7.jpg   Darkroom-8.jpg   Darkroom-9.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Resoman View Post
    My darkroom is in the center of a new house my wife and I built in rural Texas in 2002. The room measures 12 Ĺ feet by 9 feet, with an 8 foot sink and an 8 foot countertop on the dry side.

<snip>

My main film in 35mm and medium format has been XP2 for many years and, although I have access to perfectly good 35mm C41 processing at the local grocery store, Iím nowhere near a lab that will do 120 C41, so I may well go back to using a conventional film in 120 format.
    Gary:

That's a nice looking lab, and it is obvious that you have put much thought and resources into it and have plenty of good gear. Yet, you take your film to the grocery store. I would suggest going to "conventional" film in all formats. Developing black and white film is the easy part. But then, that's just me. YMMV

Another Texan,
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It looks very nice, I love the storage and the floor.

Do you have any trouble getting things in and out of the washer to the end of the sink?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Robert asked -

"Do you have any trouble getting things in and out of the washer to the end of the sink?"

Good question! I just recently added another level to the shelf unit that supports the print washer in question. I did this to raise the bottom of the washer higher than the bottom of the sink, so that I can siphon the water out of the washer (this 11x14 model has no drain). Raising the print washer has put the top of it nearly at chin level - higher than ideal, certainly, but still workable.

When I get around to printing 16x20, loading and unloading the larger print washer in that location my be a real handful, and I'll need to have to have a usable procedure worked out. Perhaps a small stepstool will be all I need.

Thanks,

Gary

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Seeing all these huge professional darkrooms really makes me not want to show mine!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljusdahl View Post
    Seeing all these huge professional darkrooms really makes me not want to show mine!
    Did you look thru this whole thread? If not, take a look. Go ahead post your pics.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljusdahl View Post
    Have you seen Edward Weston's darkroom?

more at this site: http://fototapeta.art.pl/2003/wste.php

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin