Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,927   Online: 1193

Page 54 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4444849505152535455565758596064104 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Now how would I get THAT beast through my revolving darkroom door?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    My Beseler 45MXT is so, so, so dinky

Murray
    When my wife figured out something was brewing she asked me what was arriving. As a joke I showed her this picture and she freaked out... http://www.jensen-optical.us/1010ve21.jpg

That one makes mine look dinky...

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I don't know what that is. Is it the nice water temp unit in the first picture?

I have been looking for a temp unit. Can you say anything about this unit. Like does it take batteries, or how is it powered. Was it easy to install or did you need a plumber? How much was it? New or used.

Nice darkroom. Love that 'science-lab' faucet.
    Yes, it is the computer controlled "faucet" that is in the first photo. It is DC powered and you need a Y connector to wait for the hot water to come up to temp. Once at temp, it will hold temp very well regardless of water pressure drops/surges in the line. It works without flaw.

My handyman installed it after my filters. He got 6 foot flexible lines, used compression fittings to tap into the output of the filters and then took normal garden hoses to hook up to the Y.

I hope that answers your questions.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This was/is a great thread. All the photo's and discussion of ideas and suggestions has greatly helped my darkroom/wetroom project!
    Thanks!
    There are some fabulous setups and it is such a motivtor for me, in this digital age we live in, to see chemical/analog imaging still going strong.
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg View Post

I hope that answers your questions.
    Yes, thank you. I saw your thread on it also. It is comforting to see others spending time and money on a nice contemporary wet darkroom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Pics of my Darkroom

This Darkroom was built inside a two car garage. It takes up approximately half of one bay of the garage (~9.5x10')

The enlrager under cover is a Saunders 4x5 enlarger. The Durst is used for 5x7 and 4x10 negs.

The sink is just over 9' feet in length - Made with Plywood which was caulked and cove molded in the bottom corners. I then had it sprayed with Line-X truck bed liner. There is lots Lots of storage under the sink, etc...

The 20x24 washer stays on the cart. It can be wheeled out of the way (into the garage) when I work. When doing 11x14 or smaller I just take the smaller washer of the cart and place it in the sink.

This has turned into a very nice work space. Cozy but definitely not cramped. I hate to lose it but I expect that I will be moving within the next 18 months :-(

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9853.JPG   IMG_9854.JPG   IMG_9855.JPG   IMG_9856.JPG   IMG_9857.JPG  

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Line-X Bed Liner Spray

Steve,

Where did you get the bed liner spray done? Cost?

CH

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Steve; that's one sweet and efficient setup. I'm guessing it's at least darkroom #4?

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    CH...

The sink was sprayed by Line-X (although Rhino Lining can be used as well). It cost a little more then having a pick-up bed spray lined. I don't have the receipt handy. Sorry.

MurrayMinchin...

Thanks. It does what it needs to for me.

Actually this is my second... the 1st was when I was a teenager. I shared the room with a gas furnace and a washing maching in a garage. I used a rental facility for over 10 years (I don't count that as one) when I decided to build this one. :-)

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    There are some really great darkrooms in this post. I've been watching it for some time as I was completing this one. This is my third one and has incorporated a lot of good ideas I've seen on this forum. Probably the biggest and best idea was to build plenty of sink, 16' in this case. I lined it with PVC that you can buy in 4'x8' sheets. This has worked out really, really well. I built the base plenty strong to hold the Jobo ATL full of water. A couple of other items on the wet side are the commercial spray faucet for washing out big trays and the Haas Intellifaucet that regulates water temperature to the Jobo as well as the cold lines to both faucets on the sink.

The end wall holds the drying cabinet, the dry mount press, and the densitometer.

On the dry side is the LPL 4550XLG enlarger along with plenty of storage for all the stuff for enlarging and film loading. I used to have a Chromega F 10"x10" enlarger where the vertical shelves are now but I decided to go horizontal which brings me to the last photo and my latest project:

I recently acquired this Durst HL2501 AF horizontal enlarger from a pro lab that was closing down. This thing is amazing. It's the best built enlarger I've ever seen. It rides on 20' of track and can be run in completely automatic mode or completely manual if you choose. I tore it all down, cleaned everything and have reassembled it and it is a beauty. It's almost sad to see these things being retired. As you can probably tell, it's outside my main darkroom since I needed room for the 20' of track and a vertical easel. I'm in the process of building an adjacent room as we speak that will just be for the Durst.

Anybody interested in a nice, used Chromega F???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01022.jpg   DSC01025.jpg   DSC01030.jpg   DSC01027.jpg   DSC01024.jpg  

DSC01029.jpg   DSC01031.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin