Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,751   Online: 984

Page 55 of 130 FirstFirst ... 5454950515253545556575859606165105 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sweet lord that's a huge darkroom space !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    langedp,

Wow. That Durst will make some great wallet prints. How did you move that thing.

Seems like the only things you are missing are a compressed air source and an RH Designs timer. Very well done darkroom. I am envious if the large space.

What do you use the Cabela's bag for?
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    langedp,

Wow. That Durst will make some great wallet prints. How did you move that thing.

Seems like the only things you are missing are a compressed air source and an RH Designs timer. Very well done darkroom. I am envious if the large space.

What do you use the Cabela's bag for?
    Jerold,

Thanks for the comments. Can you believe the size of that Durst? It weighs almost 600 pounds. The guy at the lab I bought it from said they paid over $56K for it new. I got it for $500.

I moved it in an enclosed trailer behind my truck. We worked slowly and used blocks and long lever arms to put it on a movers dolly to wheel it out of their lab and into the trailer. I have a walk out basement and I backed the trailer up to the door and using ramps, reversed the process.

The Cabela's bags are a perfect fit for 8x10 film holders. I can get 10 holders in each bag.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    langedp,

You're a nut.

You should construct a building around that Durst. You might also need a small power plant. I wonder how long the electronics on that thing will last?

Looks like you are pretty handy. Some things I find handy on the sink are hose bibs like the type used in a chemistry lab on which I attach vinyl hoses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20070127_0161.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	9987

You can kind of see them in the photo. The quick disconnects are handy also.

Someone here suggested these clips which I bought in bulk. they work very well for both film and paper:

http://www.craft-inc.com/prod_detail...=59&riDeptID=6
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    langedp,

Darkrooms shouldn't have an echo and enlargers shouldn't suck back photons due to their immense gravitational pull. I'd suggest roller blades to cut down on commuting time between the wet and dry sides.

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    langedp,

You're a nut.

You should construct a building around that Durst. You might also need a small power plant. I wonder how long the electronics on that thing will last?
    Jerold,

Since you're a psychiatrist, is that your professional opinion? I've been called a lot worse.

I wouldn't say nut, I would say, ambitious.

It turns out, they gave me all their spare parts for the durst as well. I have a complete set of spare electronics. My undergrad is in electrical engineering which came in handy to diagnose a few "issues" with the enlarger after I brought it home.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    langedp,

Darkrooms shouldn't have an echo and enlargers shouldn't suck back photons due to their immense gravitational pull. I'd suggest roller blades to cut down on commuting time between the wet and dry sides.

Murray
    Murray,

Just a little tinge of envy do I detect? Let me tell you, all enlargers should be designed this way.

Check out Christopher Burkett's darkroom. He has two of these gems!

http://www.christopherburkett.com/pa...rkroom7lg.html

Dave.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three people were used to get my Durst enlarger into my Dodge Ram 4x4 truck and that's taking it apart as much as we could. They are big and heavy but worth it. I used to think my Beseler was big. Enlarging up to 8x10 is great, I'm glad I didn't go with a Beseler conversion.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This should be cross posted with the "Does size matter" thread

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Three people were used to get my Durst enlarger into my Dodge Ram 4x4 truck and that's taking it apart as much as we could. They are big and heavy but worth it. I used to think my Beseler was big. Enlarging up to 8x10 is great, I'm glad I didn't go with a Beseler conversion.
    I saw your "looking for an 8x10" thread a while back and wondered if you ever got one. Have you posted pictures of it yet? Which Durst did you get?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin