Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,751   Online: 984
      
Page 55 of 130 FirstFirst ... 5454950515253545556575859606165105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1291
  1. #541

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern Ontario-ish
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    517
    sweet lord that's a huge darkroom space !

  2. #542
    jeroldharter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,958
    Images
    1
    langedp,

    Wow. That Durst will make some great wallet prints. How did you move that thing.

    Seems like the only things you are missing are a compressed air source and an RH Designs timer. Very well done darkroom. I am envious if the large space.

    What do you use the Cabela's bag for?
    Jerold Harter MD

  3. #543
    langedp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    langedp,

    Wow. That Durst will make some great wallet prints. How did you move that thing.

    Seems like the only things you are missing are a compressed air source and an RH Designs timer. Very well done darkroom. I am envious if the large space.

    What do you use the Cabela's bag for?
    Jerold,

    Thanks for the comments. Can you believe the size of that Durst? It weighs almost 600 pounds. The guy at the lab I bought it from said they paid over $56K for it new. I got it for $500.

    I moved it in an enclosed trailer behind my truck. We worked slowly and used blocks and long lever arms to put it on a movers dolly to wheel it out of their lab and into the trailer. I have a walk out basement and I backed the trailer up to the door and using ramps, reversed the process.

    The Cabela's bags are a perfect fit for 8x10 film holders. I can get 10 holders in each bag.

    Dave

  4. #544
    jeroldharter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,958
    Images
    1
    langedp,

    You're a nut.

    You should construct a building around that Durst. You might also need a small power plant. I wonder how long the electronics on that thing will last?

    Looks like you are pretty handy. Some things I find handy on the sink are hose bibs like the type used in a chemistry lab on which I attach vinyl hoses.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20070127_0161.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	9987

    You can kind of see them in the photo. The quick disconnects are handy also.

    Someone here suggested these clips which I bought in bulk. they work very well for both film and paper:

    http://www.craft-inc.com/prod_detail...=59&riDeptID=6
    Jerold Harter MD

  5. #545
    MurrayMinchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Coast, BC, Canada
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    4,195
    Images
    15
    langedp,

    Darkrooms shouldn't have an echo and enlargers shouldn't suck back photons due to their immense gravitational pull. I'd suggest roller blades to cut down on commuting time between the wet and dry sides.

    Murray
    _________________________________________
    Note to self: Turn your negatives into positives.

  6. #546
    langedp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    langedp,

    You're a nut.

    You should construct a building around that Durst. You might also need a small power plant. I wonder how long the electronics on that thing will last?
    Jerold,

    Since you're a psychiatrist, is that your professional opinion? I've been called a lot worse.

    I wouldn't say nut, I would say, ambitious.

    It turns out, they gave me all their spare parts for the durst as well. I have a complete set of spare electronics. My undergrad is in electrical engineering which came in handy to diagnose a few "issues" with the enlarger after I brought it home.

    Dave

  7. #547
    langedp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    langedp,

    Darkrooms shouldn't have an echo and enlargers shouldn't suck back photons due to their immense gravitational pull. I'd suggest roller blades to cut down on commuting time between the wet and dry sides.

    Murray
    Murray,

    Just a little tinge of envy do I detect? Let me tell you, all enlargers should be designed this way.

    Check out Christopher Burkett's darkroom. He has two of these gems!

    http://www.christopherburkett.com/pa...rkroom7lg.html

    Dave.

  8. #548
    Curt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,531
    Images
    15
    Three people were used to get my Durst enlarger into my Dodge Ram 4x4 truck and that's taking it apart as much as we could. They are big and heavy but worth it. I used to think my Beseler was big. Enlarging up to 8x10 is great, I'm glad I didn't go with a Beseler conversion.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

  9. #549
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    12,083
    Images
    60
    This should be cross posted with the "Does size matter" thread

    Matt

  10. #550
    ic-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Three people were used to get my Durst enlarger into my Dodge Ram 4x4 truck and that's taking it apart as much as we could. They are big and heavy but worth it. I used to think my Beseler was big. Enlarging up to 8x10 is great, I'm glad I didn't go with a Beseler conversion.
    I saw your "looking for an 8x10" thread a while back and wondered if you ever got one. Have you posted pictures of it yet? Which Durst did you get?



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin