Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,520   Online: 1020

Page 74 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24646869707172737475767778798084124 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow ! Now that's a SINK. That must have been quite the adventure getting that spotted and plumbed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never been one to suffer from jealosy - until now

Sigh

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah I am pretty envious as wel....but my time will come. Then again I am lucky to have a darkroom at all. Think tonight I will make it dark again in my darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The pieces are starting to fall in place . . .

After living most of my life without a personal darkroom, that is about to change. For several years I've been hunting and gathering in anticipation of building a retirement home with a wet darkroom. This past weekend I finally got "wet" with the hekp of a plumber. There is still a bit to go, however the construction part is more or less complete. Here are a few photos of the space (about 9.5 feet wide on one end, 12.5 on the other, 15 feet long and 10 foot ceilings) and some of the stuff that will go in it. Most equipment was purchased used. I'm excited. The proof is in the pudding and I plan to post some of my images in the gallery section when it becomes operational. Bill Barber
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom 1.jpg   darkroom 2.jpg   darkroom 3.jpg  
    Last edited by nsurit; 05-04-2009 at 08:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm, guess I better stick to analog if I can't get my dang digital images of the darkroom to attach to this post. What the heck did I do wrong, other than use a digital camera to record them? Small jpg less than 100KB.

Never mind, I just figured it out.

Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    After living most of my life without a personal darkroom, that is about to change.
    \

Wow - that looks to be a VERY pleasant space!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    hey bill,
    looks like you need a 20x24 print washer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, I trust that isn't glossy paint on the walls around the enlargers!!!
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    After living most of my life without a personal darkroom, that is about to change. ... Bill Barber
    This is one of my favorite threads. Good luck Bill, thats going to be a fantastic darkroom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Finally pictures of my very small but dark darkroom! There is still some trim work to be done but it is light tight! There is a large shelf all down the right hand side wich I'm sure will come in handy. It has a lip built up around the wet side to keep the wet on that side. The waterproof counter is plenty big enough for my largest trays. I'll put up black paper on the wall and ceiling around the enlarger. The walls are all the white waterproof sheet paneling stuff so it is shiney. It will make it easy to wipe down. The door has an edge around it to make it light tight. There is a bathroom type fan above the wet side. There is plenty of room under the counters to store chems and all the equipment I have that I'm not useing (color analyzer, and all the stuff for color processing). I'll need more racks and storage containers. I wish the ceiling was higher but it is not so I'll have to do larger prints on the wall. My mini fridge is stocked with paper and I'm ready to go. I'll be mixing up the dektol tonight and will try and print tomorrow night. Yeah!! Anyway, here are digi pics of the small space. Sorry so many but it is so small I couldn't get an over all picture too well! It is not much but it is mine!
    Lori
    http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/p...tana/darkroom/
    Last edited by lorirfrommontana; 05-04-2009 at 11:21 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: pictures not showing up

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin